Learn how to organize and share your digital images. If you are unable to quickly locate any digital image or document, you need the techniques that Legacy Family Tree's Geoff Rasmussen will teach in this webinar. You will learn how Google's Picasa and Adobe's Photoshop Elements can help you sort, tag, and quickly locate your pictures. You will also learn how to securely access your photos in the "cloud" (from any internet-connected computer) and share them with others. Finally, Geoff will give suggestions on how to organize your digitized genealogy documents (wills, census, etc.) and add them to your Legacy Family Tree file.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on February 29, 2012. 1 hour 44 minutes. Plus 5 pages of handouts.
Also available in a bundle
About the author:
- As we have now come to expect, Geoff does an EXCELLENT job with taking complex and confusing subjects and presenting them to a large audience. Great job, Geoff!
- Enjoyed having Geoff share the photo organization from his own computer.
- Excellent. While I'm part way there to better organization, several ideas were presented to improve my overall organization. I also enjoyed the information on Picassa and Dropbox.
- Fabulous! The hands-on demonstration of PE and Picasa really helped. I liked the idea of using them both for their strengths. Your strategy seems very workable. Good combination of slides and live demonstration.
- The tagging section of Elements was very valuable. Also the combinational use of Elements and Picasa was very informative. I just started with Elements which is very rich in feathers and this broadcast has answered some of the unknowns and areas which did not come to mind intuitively. Thank You
- This is the first webinar I have attended and found it exceeded my expectations. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Many things were cleared up for rme re organizing my pictures.
- This webinar was a 10. I've hesitated to "organize" my pictures - now I can see I'd better get started. It was the best instruction I've had - on where to put files and how to organize them.
- Very informative! Great teacher! Taught with humor & knowledge!
- Your webinars are my favourites because you always show what you are talking about. I have worked with Photoshop for years but not for organisng. I've been frustrated with the labourious task of finding unnamed photos in folders so what you showed tonight is exactly what I needed to know. You had so many fabulous little tricks and shortcuts. Loved the creative lead-in with the engagement photo. You both haven't changed a bit!
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He recently received the Distinguished Presenter Award at the prestigious RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City (2011). He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello and basketball. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.
Geoff is the author of: