Today’s genealogists can often solve problems that stumped them just a decade ago by combining computer and classic resources. This webinar focuses on advanced search techniques and new ways to use them.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on August 22, 2012. 1 hour 30 minutes. Plus 4 pages of handouts.
About the author:
- A great presentation on classic researching combining current technology sources. Barbara showed us with great skill not to throw the baby out with the bath water and most important history counts and though not said, genealogy is history.
- A webinar I'll want to view over and over. Many layers of GREAT info!
- Absolutely the best! The case study problem matched my own southern state brick wall and now I have lots of goods ideas to extend my search. Thank you.
- Barbara is very knowledgeable about her topic and I picked up several good tips even though I've been researching for over 60 years. Thank you for a very good webinar.
- Best webinar ever! I have a new hero in Barbara Renick.
- Best Webinar I've attended!! Loved all the great references, the speaker was thorough and showed new ways to combine research techniques. Lots to do after this...
- Best yet - well organized, reasonably paced, lots of information in sequential steps that are easy to follow even with few notes taken.
- Excellent webinar! I can immediately see what I need to do to find one of my elusive ancestors.
- EXCELLENT! One of the best I have attended. Encore! Encore!
- Excellent!! Thanks for having an advanced webinar. Barbara is knowledgable & experienced, and she really is a great teacher!!
- Exceptional - One of the very best webinars in the past year. Great insights and very well and very clearly presented. Couldn't ask for anything better!
- Geoff, I would like to say that each webinar gets better and better, but that's not true! They are all great and today was yet another layer of icing on the cake. I have always enjoyed Barbara's presentations and this was no exception. I also appreciate the advanced nature of the presentation. Genealogy is no longer a search and record for me it is search, research and analyze and this was a perfect example of how to do it. THANK YOU SO MUCH
- I really enjoyed this webinar, I loved the actual examples and seeing how you apply the methods to your research.
- It's always great to hear a researcher's DIRECT experience instead of theoretical info, so both today's and Geoff' LIVE webinar have opened new avenues for me in my searching. Thanks to Barbara. Her organization and experience were great to learn from.
- I've been researching for 25-30 years and still learned so much today to help me with my brick walls. This was really helpful and great. Thank you!!
- Packed with information! Excellent. I have been doing reasearch for a number of years but am so impressed to learn about so many new (to me) resources.
- She is a remarkable presenter. This was truly an advanced level course and much appreciated. As a Canadian researching American records in that same area, I found her examples particularly useful and her brief comments on practices in a given time, especially enlightening.
- So MANY new things to consider...wow, what a webinar!!!
- Barbara is an excellent speaker! I have not heard her speak before and would love to have another webinar with Barbara as the speaker. WOW I can't wait to try her ideas no my brick walls. I will also rewatch this webinar and just probably will have to add it to my growing Legacy Webinar Library!!
- This was a 10 rating. Barbara made the research process come a live by walking us through her family search and providing us with resources to meet our challenges. Wow, what a Great interactive presentation! Thank you, Barbara.
- This webinar was so full of information and ideas that I have no choice but to buy it. Thank you for a great presentation!
- Wonderful. Even though I'm not researching in the US (yet) I can apply the strategies to all of my research and pass some of this on to my genealogists.
- Wow! This is a great synopsis for family genealogists, whether beginning or expanding skills. I am going to order a CD for one of my daughters. Highly recommend this to anyone just getting started or trying to sort out previous work.
- Wow! This is great. It is so true that watching other's weave through their brick walls, one gains new ideas, techniques, etc. to use. Cudos to Barb.
Barbara Renick teaches at national genealogy conferences and the FamilySearch Center in Orange California; was a contributing editor for the National Genealogical Society computer magazine for eleven years; authored "Genealogy 101: How to Trace Your Family’s History and Heritage" sponsored by NGS for their 100th Anniversary; and currently serves on the NGS Board of Directors as secretary. The ‘Z’ Links page at her ZRoots.com
Web site is very popular among genealogists who use it as their browser home page.