Learn about the latest innovations in Legacy Family Tree:
- Origins reports
- Migration reports
- Migration mapping
- Instant duplicate checking
- Potential problem alerts and gaps
- Enhanced sourcing
- Enhanced chronology view
- New wall charts
- Shared events
- Expanded color coding
- and much more.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on January 3, 2014. 1 hour 49 minutes, plus 2 pages of handouts.
About the author:
- 5+++ Geoff is such a great presenter. Been away from my genealogy for a while - this makes me want to restart it. Thanks!!!
- Excellent job to everyone involved! So excited to be using the new features.
- A lot of great new/improved features!
- Appreciated the enthusiasm. Eager to do more now on my own as I feel better prepared. Thanks.
- Appreciated meeting the developers.
- Best and most useful webinar yet!
- Bought the program and after seeing the Webinar can't wait to start using it.
- Brilliant, as usual. Thank you.
- Every tip was explained fully. Can't wait to try all the tips out. I will be signing up for many more webinars from Legacy Family Tree.
- Excellent and educational webinar as always!! Thank You!!
- Excellent as always! Can't wait to download my upgrade and try new features, especially the website link!
- Excellent as always! Thanks for all the great new features in Legacy 8. I look forward to future webinars by Geoff on some of the other features.
- Excellent overview on selected new features as identified. Especially benefited from explanation on Sources and Source Quality. I upgraded to 8 only because of the new 're-link missing media' feature - all the new features just makes it even better! Thanks.
- Excellent presentation Geoff, very many thanks. I'm using Legacy 8 and am amazed at the professional and user-friendly system - WELL DONE TO ALL AT LEGACY FOR REACHING SUCH A HIGH STANDARD.
- Fabulous. I am so excited about Legacy 8 and plan to buy it very soon. Geoff makes it so simple.
- Fantastic presentation Geoff! I have just recently switched to Legacy after being a FTM user for over 15 years and just absolutely LOVE this software. Today's webinar helped me tremendously!!
- Fantastic. Gives me a nice jump forward on Legacy 8. Thanks
- Geoff always explains things so they can be understood easily. Thanks! All the new features are so helpful and interesting. Thanks for all the work you all have done to help us do genealogy recording faster and easier!
- Geoff and the software team has done a great job on Legacy 8. Great features to keep me on track.
- Geoff does an awesome job of demonstrating the features of Legacy, especially considering it is unscripted and sometimes unpracticed. I always enjoy these type of sessions. Legacy 8 has so many cool new features that it will take me quite a while to figure them all out. But I am determined to try!
- Geoff is always such an interesting and entertaining webinar host.
- Geoff is remarkable. This information was so important to me as I've been using Legacy 8 but not sure of everything; now I have more insight into what is a GREAT program. Loved this webinar!!!!
- Great - I enjoyed learning about the new additions and the old features. I am very excited about doing more with my events I noticed you keep proven errors in your events. I am very happy to hear that we will be able to get our sources into Family Tree. I am excited about the ability to add links to other sources in our Media Files. Thank you for a great program.
- Great !!! Will use most of all shown today. Wow, I like it, will get busy and purchase the Legacy 8 today. Thanks for having such a great Legacy team.
- Great explanation of major changes. Thanks a million. Happy New Year to all of you! Should be a great year for Legacy.
- Great Explanations and use of Legacy 8 !!
- Great intro to some of the new features. Love these "Geoff Live" sessions as he thinks out loud and I can follow his line of thought.
- Great job as usual Geoff. My first Legacy Users Group meeting is on the 16th, so this was a great help. Looking forward to the online user group sessions and seeing you at the OCCGS BASH.
- Great new features. Webinar easy to follow.
- Hello, I have been really been enjoying all Legacy since 2007. Now we have more to really enjoy. Thanks to all who made this happen.
- How exciting this new version is. Wonderful. Thank you.
- I am new to using Legacy and this webinar has answered a lot of questions for me. I look forward to the ones in the future. Thank you.
- I enjoyed the unrehearsed, unscripted format, as it seemed to allow train of thought progression from one topic to another, and even allowed for some "extras" that might not have come up in a strictly scripted presentation.
- I had become pretty bored with family history work, but this new version has sparked my interest again and, as always, the webinar was fantastic - interesting, fun, and funny. Can't wait to see how many 300-year old ancestors I have by using the new problem detection feature. :-)
- I learned a lot about the new features by seeing first hand. Now I am ready to upgrade to Legacy8.
- I really appreciate any of the webinars on how to use Legacy. I learn so much and when I review I can incorporate even more into my usage. Thanks so much!
- I really enjoyed seeing all the great things I can do with my new Legacy - now have to find lots of time to do some experimenting! Geoff presented everything very clearly - great webinar!
- I was ready to quit researching. This may have "revitalized" me, to at least give it another try. Thanks Geoff.
- I was unsure about using the new toolbar at first but I love it!! Sure glad I got the new Legacy 8.
- I'm really looking forward to starting with Legacy 8 today after this webinar. Great info!
- I'm very excited to start using Legacy 8. Well done all.
- It was neat that the people that worked on the software were there and to see and hear them! Lots to learn about Legacy for me!
- It was really good to joining this webinar about what's new in Legacy Family Tree 8. I really like Legacy 8!!!
- It's always great to see how someone who is really familiar with the Legacy uses it's many assets! Keep up the good work!
- Just love the webinar speaker, q & a, and all the information. Could listen for hours.
- Keep up the great work on making Legacy a leader in genealogy software.
- Learned lots. Can't wait to purchase Legacy 8.0. I will use the shared events daily I'm sure. You are fun to listen to Geoff.
- Legacy still has the BEST webinars around. Keep them coming.
- Loved it. Lots of Woo Hoos.
- One of the best, most informative webinars I've attended. Easy to follow, presented well and clearly. Well worth every minute spent to attend!
- One of the best. Geoff's enthusiasm is catching.
- So many questions answered. Great job Geoff, and hat's off to the developers. I was excited when 7 was released, but Ver. 8 is 1000 times better than 7!
- Very helpful presentation; Geoff gave the Webinar at a good pace. Easy to follow and the visuals are most helpful. I'm ready to upgrade to 8. Thank you!!
- Very interesting. I'm not currently using Legacy, but this made me want to.
- Well presented. I am so excited about Legacy 8.0 and can't wait to get started. What a lot of wonderful additions and options from Legacy 7. I am one happy camper. Thank you.
- What an awesome job all of you have done on Legacy 8 and Geoff love your webinars.
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He recently received the Distinguished Presenter Award at the prestigious RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City (2011). He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello and basketball. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.
Geoff is the author of: