The Windows 10 operating system is not so much a choice as it is an inevitability. As Microsoft continues to remove support from Windows 8 and earlier versions, you should get on board the Windows 10 upgrade train now! Learn the new features of Windows 10, how it will impact how you research genealogy, and more. You’ll also learn which default Windows 10 settings to change as well as how to fix common “annoyances” experienced by most users.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on July 22, 2016. 1 hour 32 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! As is Thomas! Thank you for helping me discover my options concerning Windows 10. So happy I was here to listen and learn . . .
- absolutely wonderful!!!! Now to go to work on my windows 10 update and use it. Thank you!!
- Although I have been using Windows for over a month now, I learned some new things about the settings and where to change them.
- Always love Thomas' presentations. I especially liked today's presentation and how honest he was about NOT having to upgrade and WHY you would or would not WANT to upgrade.
- Another excellent webinar by Thomas MacEntee. I learned new approach to Windows 10. Thanks so much.
- Appreciate the down to earth, honest information!
- As always, Thomas was very informative, thank you!
- As said by some of the others, I have had W10 for awhile, have fooled around with it, but yet still learned a few new tricks. Thanks, Thomas.
- Convinced me to get a new computer!
- Even though I have been using Windows 10 for several months, probably almost a year, I still learned some things,
- Excellent advice and information present in a clear organized manner, easy to understand!
- Excellent and very timely. I have been procrastinating as whether to upgrade or not. With this webinar, questions have been answered.
- Excellent content, well presented. Extremely useful. Many thanks.
- Excellent information - and I loved the balanced approach to considering the upgrade. Also, the book looks like it will be a big help.
- Excellent teaching in style, content and visuals!
- What a great, timely webinar!! Thanks!!
- Fabulous! I'll be watching it again before next week's deadline.
- Fantastic. I think I am ready for 10 = sort of! Thank you!
- For newbies it went a little too fast, but probably watching a few more times will help. Thomas MacEntee always does a great job with both webinars and conferences sessions. Thank you.
- Found out how to check for things that the upgrade changed. Hallelujah!! Thanks, Thomas
- Geoff - you and Thomas make an amazing duo. You are both very knowledgeable and have an excellent way of explaining how to do things.
- Great explanations. Even though I am using Windows 10 already, I learned a lot.
- Great information. I took some of the fear out of an upgrade.
- Great presentation! My only regret is that I didn't have Thomas' presentation before I upgrade to Windows 10. Thank you, Thomas and Geoff!
- Great webinar. I will be watching it again. Very informative. Wish I had seen it before windows 10 installed on my computer.
- Great, clear, answered many questions I didn't know I had.
- I almost didn't show up when I found out it was the windows 10 upgrade, but it was so much more than that. I am so glad I attended. I learned a lot mainly what I don't know. Thank you again.
- I already have Win10, but Thomas is so good that it was fun listening to him. And I did learn new things. Thanks for another great webinar.
- I am already using windows 10, but now I feel more confident to make changes, especially with the settings and live tiles.
- I have been using Windows 10 for awhile and still picked up on some tips that I was not aware of. Thomas does a great job with his webinars.
- I learned so much about Windows 10. Watching how to do things is really better than reading the many "how to" books that I have read about Windows 10. Thank you so much for this Webinar.
- I seem to grade every one of your webinars as the best. Once again this one Windows 10 Survival, was absolutell the BEST.
- I wish I had waited until I had listened to this webinar before installing Windows10 just a week or so ago. Some of my older software doesn't seem to be co-operating anymore. Thanks, Thomas, for another great webinar. Looking forward to reading your book. Thanks, Geoff.
- Information was straight forward and easy to understand. I appreciated the "tricks" of deleting TILE markers on menu I now understand the considerations for adopting WIN10, etc.
- I've had Windows 10 for almost a year and love it. I learned so much more by watching this webinar. Thanks Thomas. This was another fantastic webinar!
- Lots of information. Lots to consider and re-consider. Love how Thomas gives both the good and the bad to help make an informed opinion.
- My first experience with Thomas, but will be sure to watch for his training opportunities in the future. Excellent experience thanks to both speaker & facilitator!
- Simply fabulous - so practical and helpful. I particularly enjoy the way Thomas does so much live! Helps me so much to see the webpages, etc. He and Geoff make a great pair, I must say. Cheers from a very satisfied subscriber in Canada!
- Thanks so much for doing this! I was really scared about the deadline, but now I have the information I need to decide what to do and how to do it.
- The tips from the webinar will save me from having a lot of frustration when I upgrade to Windows 10. Thanks Thomas for the timely session
- This is my first Legacy webinar (where in the world have I been?) and I enjoyed it greatly. Well organized and easy to do.
- This is the first time I have listened to one of these webinars. I enjoyed it. Directions were explained in a way that was very easy to understand, Going now to purchase the book.
- This was suggested by my daughter when I upgraded to windows 10 without any knowledge of what I would gain from the upgrade. I appreciated the information on how to navigate the system. Great information especially on how to go back to my original windows 8.
- This webinar is like a very special gift. Now, I have the confidence to upgrade to Windows 10. Thanks so much for an excellent webinar!!!
- This webinar was packed FULL of great information. I think that I will have to watch it several times to get all of the information.
- Thomas did it again - took a very technical topic and gave me hope that I have a chance of doing this myself. Well done!!!
- Thomas explained many, many things about Windows 10 - things I had no idea about. Thank you very much.
- Thomas is a good presenter. His presentation was simple, yet thorough, organized and easy to follow. Thank you!
- Thomas made this whole upgrade issue a lot less scary!
- Very helpful -- especially the "decision tree" re whether to upgrade. Thomas was great as always!
- Very nicely organized webinar. I appreciated the reminder emails and ease of getting into the webinar. Both Geoff and Thomas were very professional and informative. Thank you for time well spent. Thanks!
- What can one say about any of Thomas's presentations...they are informative...entertaining...and just so great to watch. ...and I come away with the confidence to tackle things.
- Wonderful webinar with so much good information. Always enjoy Thomas and especially since he leaves the decision to you after providing so much information.
- wow I learned SO much. I thought the webinar wwould be on just how use it for genealogy. Instead I am using this information across my whole system. Thank you!
About the author:
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more. Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.” Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.