Have you ever wondered if you’re missing out on how some genealogists are using tools such as Evernote, Microsoft Word or Excel, Google and more? Learn what’s hot in the world of apps and websites and how you can start using them! We’ll review a group of familiar apps and websites that are being used in creative ways by the genealogy community. You’ll also learn how to think “outside the margins” and start repurposing other apps and sites for your genealogy research.
This was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on September 11, 2013. 1 hour 36 minutes, plus 1 page of supplemental syllabus materials.
About the author:
- Thanks for another opportunity to educate myself and many others!!
- A favorite as always & learned some excellent new tips & techniques!
- A techy's dream webinar. I'm not a techy but lots of good info and suggestions.
- A well organized presentation is always appreciated. This one was excellent. Tom shares information so readily that it's clear he cares about getting the word out to as many people as possible. There's a need out here, and he is one of those who fills that need. As well, Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides the platform for meeting this need...I'm glad a friend pointed me in this direction.
- Amazing! Learned a lot.Knew of a few sites mentioned but not all I could do with them, like Zillow. Thanks
- Awesome as always when the two of you are together. Awesome awesome awesome! Thomas is my favorite presenter. Invaluable information, always given in an entertaining manner.
- Awesome program, definitely one of the best I've been to!
- Best webinar I've attended. A+++
- Can we get more than 24 hours in a day! I need more time to get to play with all these idea! It was a great presentation and certainly gave me ideas for how to use tools so much more effectively. And, thanks especially for the research log. Just what I wanted.
- Can't say enough about how excellent this was! Thanks to Thomas and to Geoff for making this happen.
- Everything Thomas presents is awesome! He has a way of bringing technology to the masses and applying it to the field of genealogy in a way that makes logical sense. Thanks for having Thomas today, and I look forward to more presentations from him in the future.
- Excellent! We appreciate that Legacy Family Tree keeps up-to-date with the new technology and shares the speakers with us the learners in doing better family research.
- I can't say enough good things about the webinar. Superb. Fantastic. Educational. Step by step explanations. Live interaction was great.
- I learned SO many new and useful tools to try with my research! Thank you Geoff and Thomas!
- I learned so much that will make my research time more productive, not to mention easier!
- Introduced me to a few things I'd never even heard of. WolframAlpha will be most useful.
- It validates much of what I already do and it has steered me to other tools that I probably would not have thought of. Thomas has waved his magic wand again and opened up the world. Great job. Thanks.
- Just took a Social Networking course win National Institute for Genealogical Studies where we learned about several of these tools. Thomas took the info off the paper and presented actual applications. I feel I can work with these items now. Thank you!
- One of the best webinars I've taken part of. Happily overwhelmed with information to use. Thanks Thomas & Geoff!
- Learned a lot more about several "extras" that I already use plus several I have never heard of! Very interesting and truly informative. I'm already dipping my toes in using several new-to-me goodies. THANKS!!
- Phenomenal webinar! I learned so much and can't wait to start using all the tools and tips and tricks. Thank you!!
- Thank you so much! I knew some of these, but now I have even more to add to my genealogy toolbox. So important with technology changing so rapidly. I'm already in the Facebook & G+ groups and enjoy them very much. :o)
- Thank you. This was very informative. I just used Zillow to determine that my grandparent's summer home is still standing (built in 1901), although the back half of the property was fairly recently divided into 2 lots with new houses.
- This was the best one EVER- at least so far. Thanks Thomas
- Thomas always presents a great Webinar. Thank you, Thomas, Geoff, and Legacy Family Tree Webinars, for another great afternoon of learning!
- Thomas has again packed so much new information into 90 minutes and the Q&A session was just as informative as the Webinar. No wonder so many people from around the world sit in on these gems...
- Thomas is AMAZING source for genealogy!
- Thomas is my ALL TIME favorite presenter. Always love hearing what he has to say. Today was special because he went outside the box a little in what can be used for genealogy. Fantastic presentation. Especially appreciate how organized he appears, and how he always talks at the same speed,. He doesn't talk so fast it's difficult to understand him or keep up. Just a very "listener" oriented presenter. Very professional. Thx so much for having him.
- Thomas makes everything so easy to follow. Not a wasted word!
- What a GREAT webinar! Learned so much I need more time in my day to check them all out. Thanks again. Looking forward to listening to more webinars by Thomas.
- Wow! Wow! Wow! That was one jam-packed webinar. As always, I am in awe of Thomas!
- WOW! Great webinar! I even found out what the weather was on the day when I was born many years ago.
- Wow! This was an amazing webinar. I learned so much. Thank you Thomas and Geoff.
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 2,000 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.
to view all of Thomas MacEntee's webinar downloads.