Learn how to research your Swedish Heritage using ArkivDigital Online, an online service that provides access to newly photographed color images of Swedish historical records. This product demo will familiarize you with the types of records that you will find on ArkivDigital including: the Swedish church books, estate inventories, military records, tax registers, passenger ship manifests, prison records and other types of records. The demo will show the user how to use ArkivDigital Online to view, browse and search within these records. Among the record types that will be shown will include church books, estate inventories, name registers and prison records.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on September 9, 2015. 1 hour 29 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
Comments from Kathy's last webinar:
- A big help... can't wait to get started. My ancestors came from Sweden but that is all I know because my grandmother told me.
- Wonderful seminar. I've been doing Swedish research, but learned some new websites to visit.
- Another wonderful Webinar and After Party. These are the best. Just renewed membership for year 3! Thanks for all you do.
- Appreciated that she started out at a very basic level
- as far as I know I don't have Swedish ancestry but after listening to this webinar I wish I had
- Chock full of info. I wish I could have stayed for the whole thing! Oh well, that's why I have a subscription! :)
- Excellent information and very clearly presented.
- Excellent speaker and presentation; very thorough for a beginner. Learned much.
- Excellent syllabus! So much to learn for a beginner! Thank you very much.
- Excellent!! Wow Kathy covered all the bases in a clear, easy to understand format!! She needs to come back often to help us proceed using the Swedish records!!
- Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. I have been researching in Sweden for several years and have had very good luck, but we sometime great stuck in a routine of using the same websites and forget about other possibilities. It was great to get some new insight into addition sources to check out. Looking forward to the next Swedish session.
- Great info for a rank beginner at Swedish research ! Kathy sure knows her stuff!
- Great information. I look forward to going back to research my Swedish ancestors with all the new options for research available
- Great resources, speaker VERY knowledgeable. Thank you!!!
- I knew nothing about Swedish research before today. I now have some clues on how to get started.
- Very informative, especially for a beginner in Swedish research. Easy to listen to. Well prepared. Can't wait for her next webinar!
- I would rate this actually as a 10+. Kathy Mead was amazing, lots of tips, lots of links, and she was very knowledgeable!! I am looking forward to her next webinar in September!! I have just started on filling in more information on my Swedish ancestors and now I have lots of new ideas! Thank you Kathy Meade, excellent Webinar. Thank you Geoff and Legacy for providing wonderful Webinars!
- It was very clear and informational, thanks so much! I have lots to check into, plus have some friends to share the information with. Keep smiling!
- I've been researching Swedish ancestors for a few years and have found lots of information but today I learned about other resources to try. Great webinar!
- Kathy is so organized in her presentation. She speaks clearly. She is a well prepared presenter. I learned a great deal from her. I look forward to seeing this again and her future webinars. Thank you very much.
- Kathy's webinar was excellent. I have spent a bit of time researching my husband's Swedish ancestors and now I have so many more resources to investigate. I do appreciate the thorough handout. Thanks Geoff and Kathy.
- One of the best with excellent verbalizing, syllabus and resources!
- Outstanding. This is the first FamilyTree webinar I have attended and I am incredibly pleased. I didn't know about subscribing to the webinars but will now look into it. Thank you for an excellent presentation. I'm excited to get into my Swedish side.
- Really great webinar with lots of great new websites I hadn't heard of. Can't wait til the next one for Sweden. Thanks.
- Really nice primer on getting started with Swedish research.
- Such a help! and hope for those who don't read Swedish.
- Superb and I have already done a lot of Swedish research. If only US records were so organized.
- The early part of the webinar was very helpful with the naming patterns, geography, reference books. Thank you
- The very BEST webinar I have attended in ages! Excited to get on with my research in Swedish records. Thank you VERRRRRRY much for this one.
- This was such a great webinar. I'm now considering a membership to view more of the webinars that I've not had access to as a free member. Thanks!
- this was the greatest. I learned so many things about researching in the Scandinavian countries.
- This Webinar was more than EXCELLENT. And I don't even have any Swedish people, but boy, I wish I did. Their records are so great.
- You've had some excellent webinars in the past, but Kathy Meade's may be my favorite so far. I've done some sporadic Swedish research, but she really untangled my bits and pieces. With my new knowledge maybe I'll find that elusive ancestor!
About the author:
Kathy Meade is the North American representative for ArkivDigital AD AB, a company that offers online access to newly photographed images of Swedish historical records. Kathy has spent more than ten years giving presentations, writing articles and helping persons with Swedish genealogy. She serves as a member of the Advisory Board of the Nordic Family Genealogy Center at the Swedish American Museum in Chicago. Kathy spent seven years living and working in Sweden and Norway where she learned to read both languages.