See examples of analyzing and correlating evidence, and how to resolve conflicts in genealogical evidence to reach conclusions. The genealogist owes it to herself and future generations to write down the mental reasoning that leads to these conclusions. Learn how to write down the mental process of establishing genealogical proof.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on March 30, 2016. 1 hour 44 minutes, plus 4 pages of supplemental syllabus materials.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- A great encouragement to write it down!
- Another great webinar. Helped me understand how to write a wonderful summary with both evidence, analysis, and conclusions.
- Another wonderful webinar. Warren is so interesting. Waiting for the webinar to be on the website to watch the full webinar. So glad I am a subscriber so I can watch when I want! :)
- As usual Legacy's webinars are outstanding.
- Awesome! Great subject that I need to work on. Warren is one of the best in the field!!!
- Bittner is always informative and stresses thinking about your evidence to make a instructive conclusion for your summary and continuing research.
- Excellent info. Makes a lot of sense and adds some form to our thoughts. Good stuff.
- Excellent presentation - Now I have to watch his first one on Complex Evidence! Thank you!!
- Excellent presentation, clear visuals and succinct verbals. Good after webinar info too - thanks
- Excellent presenter. fantastic examples. "Proofs" are my Achilles heal. I will refer back to notes from this.
- Excellent webinar with excellent visual and audio quality
- Excellent webinar! Any presentation by Warren Bittner is very good - so thorough! Thanks!
- Extremely informative, as are all presentations by Warren Bittner. Now to apply added knowledge to my research...ongoing challenge! After party information additionally appreciated.
- Fantastic as ever. I finally started doing these after watching the Legacy webinars and it has helped so much!
- FANTASTIC Webinar. FANTASTIC After-Webinar Party!!! I love sessions like these. Thanks so much. See you next time!
- Fantastic! Have always known Proof Arguments were important and that I should be writing them, but wasn't really sure how. Very clear presentation with perfect pacing; more please.
- Geoff, You have provided another outstanding webinar. It is a subject that I had not given much thought to. I have been doing several types of family history research for over 50 years. By that, I mean, I am always trying to learn how to learn the right things to do. Thanks to Legacy for coming in to my life in 2005 with all of their "Family History Educational Programs, and Educators." The Webinars have become a fantastic Program .
- Great stuff! This was like listening to Tom Jones.
- Great thought process - very helpful. I have always struggled with proof arguments and Warren has taken the mystery out of it.
- Great webinar-learned so much. Thought citing sources was sufficient and what I concluded in my head didn't need to be documented...this definitely changed my mind.
- I absolutely love webinars on proof and how to report it. A++++
- I always feel I am doing things correctly until I watch a webinar. Amazing how there is always room for improvement. I look forward to each webinar and I appreciate the opportunity to view them. I believe a journal will now be part of my collection.
- I always wondered what the term meant exactly and I find I had interpreted correctly tho I haven't written it all down for every single person. Interesting idea about must reading those journals besides attending seminars, classes, etc.
- I have learned that the proof is really in the pudding. Thanks.
- I have learned that using the Genealogical Proof Standard and learning how to write a proof argument will help me to break down my brick walls.
- I learned so much today. From now on writing an Genealogy Proof Standard will be part of my research.
- He is such a superb teacher and speaker and inspires me with confidence that I just may be able to write these proof arguments despite the fact that writing things out is, for me, the most daunting challenge associated with genealogy.
- It's so nice to be able to take classes at home. I gained a lot of information today!
- Learned much - most I already did - not knowing what I was producing was a proof argument! I always considered it a complete profile of the person or family. Not I can be more direct in doing proofs and leave the rest for storytelling. Thanks!
- Mr. Bittner is always thorough and paced so that complex information is easy to follow. Very timely topic for a personal project.
- One of the most useful (of many many useful) webinars. I love the step-by-step instruction on how to write a proof argument. Excellent model. Definitely a webinar I want to watch over again at least once and probably more to be sure I haven't missed anything.
- Outstanding!! I always feel smarter after I listen to these webinars, lol. Proof standards are so important to our family research and we need to learn the correct way of recording it.
- Someone already said it. The information was scholarly but the presenter made it look easy (though it is not) and achievable (if that is a word). Warren Bittner is always a good presenter and I look forward to NERGC 2017 as well to hear him again and again.
- That was one of the most dynamite webinars ever. Warren Bittner made the proof arguments subject matter so easy to comprehend ! A keeper.
- This was my first live webinar. I enjoyed it and plan on attending more in the future. Now I need to go sign up for a membership and watch other some other.
- This was probably the best webinar I've listened to. The speaker was very interesting and spoke easily and clearly about an important subject that is sometimes very difficult to understand. Thank you very much for this presentation.
- This webinar gives me the gift of seeing a light at the end of a long tunnel. Now I can finally write the details I have proven and move on with confidence or fix what I do have not proven. With Legacy as my only family tree program and using the webinars to as part of my learning I get more excited each Wednesday. Thank you.
- Very helpful and detailed, including specific how-to steps. Also enjoyed tips from the after-party. This is my first experience with one of your webinars. I really appreciate the rigorous approach and high standards.
- Warren Bittner broke the topic down into easy to understand components. Loved the very helpful examples. Very concrete and inspiring.
- Warren Bittner is new to me--I fell "in love" with him and his exactness, precision, and genuine concern, at Rootstock 2015. He is an amazing researcher, and I would "walk on coals" other him speak. Thank you for having him join the "Legacy Group." I will listen to everything he teaches about, even if it does not pertain to my areas of research!
- Warren has just determined the remainder of my day. I am going to get into my Legacy Family Tree and work to create a good Proof Argument for one ancestor in that tree. Or at least get one started and keep good notes about where there are holes in my argument. As usual, the seminar is top drawer!
- What I thought would be a very complicated process was described instead, as a manageable goal. thank you.
About the author:
F. Warren Bittner, CG, is a genealogical researcher and lecturer, with thirty years of research experience. He holds a Master of Science degree in history from Utah State University, and a Bachelors of Science degree in Business from Brigham Young University. His masterís thesis looked at the social factors affecting illegitimacy in nineteenth-century Bavaria. He is fluent in Mandarin Chinese, and in 1989-1990 he studied Chinese at a graduate level at the Inter-University Program for Chinese Language Studies in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.