Learn the techniques that Private Investigators use to track down missing people. These strategies will help you find those elusive living relatives who just may hold the key to your brick wall or possess that treasured photo you’ve been looking for. This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on January 6, 2016. 1 hour 58 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
- A 5-star rating isn't high enough. This one was a TEN!!!
- A great way to start the 2016 season.
- A lot of great sources for researching! Presenter was clear and energetic.
- A lot of new techniques which I will try right away! Thanks
- Absolutely wonderful webinar ! Goosebumps!
- As always Lisa presents excellent information. I'm going to try some of it today!
- As usual, this webinar was just great. Personally I always learn interesting new methods and procedures from each webinar.
- Awesome, i'm in the UK, but took loads from this
- Best ever webinar - Lisa speaks my language - she is very thorough with her explanations.
- best one yet!
- Boy, did I learn a ton more than expected! Awesome webinar - going to work on some searching right now!
- Definitely a 10 :-) Looks like more sleepless nights as I access sites previously unknown to me. Thank you, Lisa, for another top notch webinar. Can I come live with you for a year?
- Energizing, fruitful, and fun. 10-Q to Lisa and Geoff.
- Enjoyed it tremendously as always. Very inspirational with great ideas on how to proceed. Thank you.
- Enjoyed the "Big Box" story. I have found multiple small boxes by talking to long lost family. I bring a laptop and scanner on interviews just in case they have goodies and don't want to loan them to me.
- Excellent webinar! I will watch this one over and over.
- Excellent Webinar!!! Clear, concise, and practical ideas that anyone could use starting out in genealogy research or for the expert as well. Thanks so much!
- Excellent, both webinar and after party!
- Exellent and engaging speaker - a natural. And good content too.
- Fascinating & full of good ideas. Thanks to Geoff for the After Party too!
- Good helpful websites to try that I never knew existed before.
- Great ideas, and the best was how Lisa showed exactly how she used them ... with the fantastic result at the end!
- Great way to stimulate the little grey cells after the holidays. Geoff & Lisa Cooke. Starting off the new year running in the RIGHT direction. This adds a whole new dimension on searching current relatives, Thanks a bunch.
- Great webinar and also very moving!! So happy Lisa was successful in her search for Mercedes and also know how happy she was to have received all the photos and recording. Truly a wonderful gift and thanks to Lisa for sharing this with us!!
- Great webinar! Very helpful! Big thank you to Lisa -- and to Geoff for another great year of webinars ahead
- Happy New Year! Phenomonal Session!!! Thanks!!
- I already searched some of the websites she gave and I have found information on relatives I've been searching for for years!
- I always love Lisa's webinars -- great information, and beautifully paced. She's very encouraging and inspires us to get motivated again with new techniques.
- I was very happy to be able to listen to this webinar. Lisa is very knowledgeable and informative. There are so many sites I wasn't aware of and can't wait to explore them. Thank you
- I will always change my schedule to attend a webinar with Lisa! Who wanted to go to the Dr. anyhow!?!
- Incredible resource information from Lisa, and of course her personal example was inspirational!
- It was my first time to join in on the webinar's. I found the information to be very useful in searching for living people. Thank you both for a great job!
- I've taken a lot of your seminars, and Lisa's are always so informative, even if I think I know a lot about the subject! She widens my thought processes and research techniques---- which is invaluable to an amateur genealogist. Thx so much!
- Lisa Cooke has gone above her high standard of interesting subject matter and making genealogy fun and exciting. thank you for this webinair
- Lisa is always full of useful ideas, she sets out her information clearly and gives helpful real life examples. She clearly puts a lot of effort into creating her webinars .
- Lisa is an energetic presenter who knows her material and knows how to offer details to an audience in a humorous and eye-catching way. Thanks!
- Lisa is clear and easy to understand. Her family search examples were interesting. I learned a lot, especially about Google search and Google Earth. I loved this presentation!!!!
- lisa is great. I am pretty good at tracking living people down, but I learned techniques that will make my searches MUCH more effective. Lisa explained things so clearly that I know I can do it. I also loved her way with telling stories, both verbally and with other means. I think I'm going to be producing some short photo/story books for people soon. Thank you, Lisa, for sharing your skills, and thank you Geoff (and Legacy) for making this kind of learning available.
- Lisa Louise Cooke did wonderful job and l learned something new. I never knew about private eye like detective on your own. Wow!!! That's awesome!!! THANK YOU! KUDOS!!!!! :-)
- Lisa makes it sooo easy for a novice to comprehend and to gain confidence and excitement for the journey ahead!
- Lisa's webinars are always jam-packed with great and current information. She's a real treasure.
- One of the best webinars ever! Thank you Lisa and Geoff!
- Outstanding. The best Legacy Webinar I have ever attended.
- So much information but very easy to follow. Thank goodness for the syllabus though!
- So much information I had no idea about. I watched because I had some loose time (sorry). Turns out to be one of the most informative hours spent in genealogy.
- Spectacular! Certainly a very practical and very welcome lecture. I loved how many truly practical (yet simple) tips Lisa gave us. Wonderful!!!! Thank you Lisa, and Geoff!
- This is the best, with the most info, of all the webinars I have listened to.
- This was one of the best webinars ever!
- This webinar was a first in that it brought me to tears listening to the story of her father in law. She is a wonderful speaker! I am going to order her new book right now!
- What a great way to start off the New Year! I enjoyed every minute of it and Lisa always makes things so exciting. I can't wait to listen to it again. I just love being a Legacy member!
- Wonderful webinar as many are looking for the descendant that got the stories, pictures, etc and for DNA cousins, cousins to take DNA tests to confirm lines or birth parents.
- wow, wow, and double wow on Lisa Louise Cooke's presentation!! THANK YOU Legacy.
About the author:
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems
, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is Producer and Host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast, both available at www.GenealogyGems.com
, in iTunes, and through the Genealogy Gems app, and free toolbar. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists in 75 countries around the world.
Lisa’s offerings are not limited to online. She is a sought after international genealogy speaker, and produces live presentations of The Genealogy Gems Podcast at top genealogy conferences.
Whether in person or online, Lisa strives to dig through the myriad of genealogy news, questions and resources and deliver the gems that can unlock each listeners own family history treasure trove!
Family is not just a priority professionally. Lisa is a doting wife to Bill, the proud mom of three daughters, and has added the role of Grandma to her resume. She counts her blessings every day for the love, fulfillment and laughter that family brings to every aspect of her life.