Genealogy is all about connecting with your ancestors. As part of this process, we often need to connect with other genealogists and share research. It isnít always as easy as it seems! Learn the best ways to connect with other family historians and share resources including research, documents and research strategies. Discover the various methods of locating other researchers and the best practices to ensure that your work is shared and credited in a responsible manner.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on January 25, 2017. 1 hour 44 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- A wonderful webinar - excellent syllabus! Loved Thomas' glasses! Lots of fun! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
- All good -- the talk and the after party. Thanks.
- Already using the tip for Zabasearch. This alone was worth today's webinar! Also, I really needed Thomas' reminder of playing nice. We're an angry country right now, no matter what side of the political spectrum, and it makes me weary. I feel better after listening to Thomas. He's a gentle, genuine guy (the three Gs!). I need to get started on my do over just so that I can check in with Thomas more often.
- although Thomas is always interesting so much of the presentation was very general. He did a good job answering questions from viewers.
- Always enjoy hearing Thomas! Great information. Thank you so much Legacy Webinars!
- Always great to see and hear Thomas. Got more clarification about copyright. Excellent after party also.
- Always informative webinars - and helpful after webinar sessions. Learned a lot. Thanks!!
- Always interesting listening to Thomas - so knowledgeable.
- Always love Thomas' presentations. I liked his suggestions on how to get in touch with "possible" relatives via the old fashion letter.
- Always LOVE to hear Thomas :)
- Another excellent webinar! Thomas MacEntee is a superb speaker and Geoff is an excellent host. I enjoy my Webinar Wednesdays!
- Another great broadcast, and Thomas MacEntee makes it so easy to understand.
- Appreciated the advice on being a polite and prepared genealogist when visiting libraries, archives, churches, etc. So far, the majority of my research has been online, but I have reached the point where I have to start going out into the world looking for records. Thomas covered a variety of situations and I value his opinions. Thank you for another great Webinar Wednesday!
- As always Thomas was full of information and great ideas. Thank you Thomas & Geoff and I look forward to hearing from Nicka next week!
- Being a retired human resources manager, I dealt with many adults in the proverbial "sandbox" . Had a smile on my face as I recalled several similar situations. Thank you.
- Excellent and informative as usual. thank you to Legacy and the presenter
- Great ideas. Good Q&A, too!
- Great webinar - great reminders about being nice but also great hints on ways to get what you need. Thanks!
- Great webinar! Thomas is a favorite, learn a lot from him. Appreciate the after party too. Thanks :)
- Great webinar. I especially liked the comments from the Instructor about his own experiences! Thanks!
- great webinar. The printed material actually went with the webinar and was easy to follow. Thank you so much.
- I am a PhD Psychologist and have/use the skills he is talking about. Good info, but not new for me.
- I came in late and missed most of it. I plan on watching it later. Thank goodness for the webinar library.
- I love listening to Thomas. He has such a good voice for webinars. What he has to say on this subject needs to be always on our minds! I am happy that I was brought up in a way that makes it possible to relate well with others.
- It is always pleasurable to listen to a webinar with Thomas. His voice is soothing and his knowledge abundant. I stayed for Geoff's after party and I'm glad I did - Legacy has a lot to offer! I look forward to the MAC version.
- More Thomas! He is great! Hs webinars are always focused, insightful as well as humorous as appropriate.
- Mr. MacEntee is always precise, thoughtful, knowledgeable, organized all, and manages to be both direct and kind, at the same time. I loved his attitude towards the material he presented today--remembering to respect, share appropriately, and be kind. He is totally right, and applied his philosophy towards a few situations that I had not even considered. Thank you, Thomas! No wonder he is a perpetual favorite!
- Really wonderful suggestions/guidelines. He covered things I never thought of. I debated whether this would be worth it, but always enjoy Mr. McEntee!
- Thank you, Thomas and Geoff, for an excellent webinar. I have only justed started watching the weekly webinars (this is the second one), and will now have to consider a paid membership. An excellent value I think.
- Thomas and Geoff ... you guys are the best ever. Always new info .... thank you both!
- Thomas does an amazing job during and after the webinar. He answers the viewers questions in a way everyone and anyone can understand with his knowledge and kindness. Keep having him back!
- Thomas MacEntee always has lots of great information to share. A big thank you to both Thomas and Geoff for providing the opportunity to glean from their wealth of knowledge and wisdom of genealogy.
- Very helpful tips for using Legacy Family Tree -- much appreciated! The entire presentation was top drawer. Can't thank Legacy enough for sponsoring these presentations!
- What a wonder wealth of information! It also provided such a bright spot in an otherwise difficult week. Thank you, thank you.
- You can't go wrong with Thomas MacEntee.
What happens when a "tech guy"Ě with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who's also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more. Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to "re-purpose today's technology for tomorrow's genealogy."Ě Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.