Do more than let the camera figure things out. Learn the basics of photography and ways you can creatively incorporate it into your existing genealogy or family history project.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on February 1, 2017. 1 hour 31 minutes, plus 2 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- Absolutely fantastic! I've always been afraid of taking pictures, but this webinar has made me think seriously about buying a camera and taking classes on how to use it to get the most out of my photos for genealogy purposes! Thanks so much!
- Bring her back!
- Do they stop getting better? :)
- Enjoyed the refresher on camera basics and link to library of congress.
- excellent presentation, explained concepts well, very helpful syllabus
- Excellent presentation, very thoroughly enjoyed this information and found Nicka's explanation of camera settings very easy to understand and retain. Nick's use of photographs to explain the importance of different settings, compositions, made a huge difference. I will be looking for more from Nicka!
- Excellent refresher on camera settings and tips for phone cameras!
- Excellent session, photography very well explained. Thanks
- Explanation of terms were simple and easy to understand. Will listen to this webinar again. Now I am not as afraid of using my digital camera.
- Extra special webinar learned so much and enjoy listening to Nicka and passion she has for photography and genealogy.
- Fabulous webinar - I thought I knew a lot about photography and taking family photos but I learned so much from Nicka - thanks for a great presentation.
- Fantastic info that was so clear that I finally understand!!!! What a great speaker too. Thanks again for a terrific webinar!!!
- Good lecture ... I can never remember the 3 settings (Aperture , Speed, ISO) ...but Nicka makes it a bit easier to remember!
- Good refresher on photography plus learned new info. Good presenter!
- Great information, especially enjoyed learning more about the metadata because I am starting to get into that.
- Great refresher on using a camera & great speaker! Would love to have her present other webinars. Thank so much for all the great webinars!
- Great webinar and reminder to print those digital photos.
- Great webinar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Great webinar. Must get her back again!
- Great! She is a wonderful speaker,with a wealth of experience to share. Learned a LOT!
- I feel like I can take my camera off of Auto. Relating it to genealogy is even better. Thanks
- I loved this webinar!!! Nicka is a great speaker, fun t listen to and was able to share lots of information in an interesting way. Will watch for more of her webinars!
- I sincerely wish I'd had access to this webinar 10 years ago; however, it's still really of great value to me today. Please encourage Nicka to return again with part 2 of this very informative webinar. I have questions about very old photos.
- I so enjoy listening to people who have such passion!
- I was astounded at how quickly it went. Another winner!
- I was impressed with the presentation, and look forward to implementing many of the suggestions. Thank you.
- Learned a lot about photography and various web resources that I had never heard of before. Thanks!
- Most enjoyable and educational.
- Nice learning some more finer parts of photography
- Nicka is amazing! It was exactly what I needed.
- Nicka Smith was a wonderful presenter. She talked to us in terms we could understand. The tips were practical and usable. I am checking out her website right now and will read her blog. Thanks for the suggestion on print print print. We sometimes forget to do this. Great webinar!
- Nicka's tips for taking and PRINTING photos are a good reminder to us all. Invite her back for more webinars.....maybe to discuss how she organizes her images digitally on her computer.
- Our presenter was charming, informative (making photography seem a little easier than we all think it is), and had delightful stories. She is a very enjoyable presenter!
- Relearned a lot, and learned new stuff ... top notch. Thanks, Nicka and Geoff ...
- So glad these are archived. I will definitely watch this again ( and maybe again and again ;) ) .
- Thank you so much Nicka Smith for your wonderful webinar on photography. I learned so much. Now I want to go buy a camera and play, practice and print.
- Thanks! Remembered things I had forgotten about taking photos and learned lots of new things. Now I am ready to take that camera and shoot shoot shoot!
- Very engaging speaker and informative presentation. Loved it and learned alot along the way!
- Very helpful information. I will be watching this again and hopefully be taking lots of photos.
- What a wonderful presentation. She was very articulate and presented the information well. Thank you
- What a wonderful webinar! Nicka is so much fun, enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the subject of photography!!!!!!!! Thank you very much. Please arrange for her to do another webinar.
- Wonderful webinar. Nicka Smith is wonderful. Hope she will be back again.
- Wonderful. Excellent. I learned so much more about my camera than all the manuals could ever tell me.
- Wow I needed this help! She made operating my camera so easy to understand.
Nicka Smith is a professional photographer, speaker, and documentarian with more than 17 years of experience as a genealogist. She has extensive experience in African ancestored genealogy, reverse genealogy, and family reunion planning and execution. She is also an expert in genealogical research in the Northeastern Louisiana area, sharing genealogy with youth, documenting the ancestral journey, and employing the use of new technology in genealogy and family history research.