First papers, petitions, certificates and registrations. These are some of the key documents for Naturalization--the process to apply to become a U.S. citizen. Due to changing laws and an evolving process over time, locating the appropriate official paperwork can often be a challenging task for family historians. In this webinar, learn how to navigate naturalization records and what information they contain about your ancestors.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on July 6, 2016. 1 hour 29 minutes, plus 10 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- A lot of information for this new researcher! Yay!
- Always gives a great presentation, so full of facts and tips, thanks, Liza!
- Another excellent presentation and super syllabus too!
- aNOTHER WINNING WEBINAR!! i HAVE LOTS OF NEW IDEAS TO FIND INFORAMTION. aS USUAL, THANKS
- Awesome webinar! Lisa is the best! Thank you for such great webinars!
- Both excellent presentation and handout!
- Can't wait to use the ideas of where to look introduced in this seminar!
- Excellent as always when it's a Lisa Alzo Legacy webinar. Jam-packed with information & a great syllabus. Will need to watch this one again this one to absorb things I'm sure I missed. Thank You!
- Excellent syllabus with great items for followup and future reference.
- Excellent webinar! Very comprehensive syllabus! Thanks so much.
- First time taking a webinar. Very interesting. Will help my research. Easy to access the webinar which is good for old brains like mine.
- Found out how much I didn't know about Naturalization.
- Gave me more places to look for my family's naturalization records. Lisa's webinars are always so informative.
- Great information. Keep them coming!
- Great webinar and syllabus. Lisa always does a great job - comprehensive, lots of good information.
- Great webinar! Liza always seems to cover all the bases and shares a lot.
- Great webinar. Very interested in this topic. Lisa is a knowledgeable teacher who brings life to a complicated topic.
- I always enjoy Lisa's webinars when she is talking about her own family -- her warmth and enthusiasm shines through. This was a solid introduction for people who are new to finding Naturalization records. The handout is superb. I was glad to see Lisa reference Joe Beine's site and Olive Tree Genealogy. Both sites have a tremendous amount of information and are not as well known as they should be.
- I learned about more resources for checking on naturalization paper. Also got new ideas about how to do a better search on some sites where I have been before. I would definitely recommend this webinar.
- I much appreciated the links to the great resources included in the webinar.
- I really do enjoy Lisa Alzo's presentations. She is such a terrific speaker and keeps me engaged the entire time. This webinar; Navigating Naturalization Records; makes me want to start reading and searching immediately. Thank you for such a great presentation today.
- Lisa always provides lots of great information and presents it is a understandable format. She talks fast and information just flows out so quickly.
- Lisa Alzo always enlightens us with her knowledge as delivered to us in her presentations. I'll be watching this webinar again...so much info!
- Lisa is a wonderful presenter. If I had to grade her, it would be a resounding A++. Very informative. Knows her topic well. Great syllabus. Leaves you wanting more!
- Lisa makes searching these records a breeze!
- Lisa's webinar on Naturalization records was very informative. I'm planning on watching her other immigration webinars in the library. Great job Lisa! And thank you for the Naturalization Data Sheet PDF.
- Lots of valuable information! Thanks, Lisa! Thanks Legacy Tree Webinars for hosting!
- LOVE the syllabus! Lisa Alzo did a great job!
- My mind is reeling, realized how many sources I have no checked yet. Thank you so much!
- One of the best speakers ever!
- Presenter is very knowledgable, communicates clearly, uses excellent examples.
- So much about naturalization that I had never thought about. Very good webinar.
- This was my first live webinar and it was very informative.
- This was perfect timing...I just started on this journey with my husband's family! Waiting on Naturalization Papers to come from the ND State Archives! Thank you Lisa for a wonderful webinar!
- This was such a great webinar!! I hope it can help with my walls although with such apparently common names for my ancestors, I haven't found them. Now I have other places to try! Thank you!
- Very well organized and structured preso...impressive!
- VERY well-organized and detailed presentation. Great syllabus as well.
- Wow! Thank you both!
About the author:
Lisa A. Alzo. M.F.A. is a freelance writer, instructor, and internationally recognized lecturer, specializing in Slovak/Eastern European genealogical research, writing your family history, and using the Internet to trace female and immigrant ancestors. She is the author of nine books, including the award-winning Three Slovak Women, and hundreds of magazine articles, and writes the blog "The Accidental Genealogist."