From Wisconsin to Missouri, many free online resources are available if you know where to look. This class will explore where to find and how to use these resources. Creative techniques for finding future sites will also be discussed.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on December 14, 2016. 1 hour 47 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- 5+ Well organized, lots of info but so well presented it was easy to follow along w/ syllabus. I am just beginning to fill out the midwest part of my ancestors' migration (generation here, generation there style), and this is the boost I really needed to get going.
- Absolutely Fantastic. She presented the material very well. Thank you
- absolutely love legacy webinars. thanks to a cousin who introduced me to them. i have not been disappointed with any that i've seen. this particular webinar was absolutely chock full of information, presenter and legacy did an excellent job keeping up and providing additional information!
- another fantastic webinar!!!!
- Appreciate all the links as they save valuable research time and by having them listed in the syllabus - may be some I had not considered previously.
- Awesome information and first class presentation.
- COULDN'T GET ANY BETTER! So much info in such a short time. Thanks.
- excellent - she showed us samples under several of the links - she showed us about her bookmarking - and how she organized it - gave us so much information - it truly was most interesting - thank you so much
- Excellent ! Clear,concise and extensive information; smooth presentation. Luana is a very good speaker. Thoroughly enjoyed this webinar,on my way to check out links !
- excellent overview of resources available--a great time-saver
- Excellent source of additional tools to search for any ancestor regardless of the location. Thank you.
- Excellent stories and shared discoveries!!
- Excellent Webinar - I couldn't take notes fast enough! ;-) Brief but thorough - if that makes sense!! Thanks so much for making this webinar available.
- Excellent, excellent, excellent.
- Fabulous and sooooo helpful!!!
- Fabulous webinar -- so many resources to check out! Thanks so much to Luana & Marian -- & to Legacy for a wonderful year of webinars
- first seminar -- great i'll be back!
- great information, great speaker ~ kept interest, knew her stuff. moderator very helpful, especially explaining how to download comment log ~ thank you!
- Great-information very helpful and well presented. One of the more useful webinars for my research. Good job.
- Her info was unbelievable. I like her way of taking a person thru the process at some of the sites ... makes one feel confident. Little tricks, too. An excellent way to spend a semi-snowy evening. Thank you from the Upper Left Coast, with roots entirely in IL/IN/OH :-)
- I am blown away! Great job Luanna!
- I learned so much!!!!!
- If I were to test with ICAPGen for the Midwest, this is a great foundation.
- I'm on information overload. Almost too much information presented in such a short time. BUT, I'll take excellent webinars like this even if my brain explodes.
- It was awesome!!! The lecturer did a good job!!! Kudos!!! :)
- It was packed with so much useful information! The syllabus will be very helpful for future searching. Thank you! Thank you!
- Jam packed with all KINDS of helpful information. Thanks to Luana & Marian for providing such an excellent webinar! :)
- One of the BEST webinars I've attended!!!! Love our Missouri Archives!!!!!
- Thanks for trying to type all the links into the chat log even though I have the syllabus. That took a LOT of work, I'm sure!
- The Sylabus is SUPER !!!!
- This was a fantastic webinar. Legacy has surely surpassed even their previous webinars with this one.
- Very helpful. I've been doing Wisconsin & Illinois genealogy since 2007 and I learned some new resources.
- What a great fast paced webinar. So many wonderful links. Thanks Legacy for offering these great webinars
- Wheeeee! You Hit my territory----Thanks for a whirlwind evening!!!
- WOW! What an amazing amount of information :)
- Wow, that was a great webinar! Well done and packed full of great info!
- WOW...so many resources! Thank you so much...it was a delightful evening.
Luana Darby, MLIS, is a Salt Lake City based genealogist who specializes in the U.S. Midwest, Palatine German, LDS, and American patriot research. Her love for genealogy came from listening to stories at her grandmother's knee while a young girl. She has been working with clients for over 20 years and is a frequent speaker at conferences, workshops, and institutes. She is past president of the Utah Genealogical Association, a board member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, a board member of the Genealogical Speakers Guilde, and an adjunct instructor of Family History at BYU-Idaho.