Applying to a lineage society is a way to honor your ancestor as well as improve your research and citation skills. Learn how to find a society, compile the documentation, and keep your sanity in the process.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on August 17, 2016. 1 hour 40 minutes, plus 2 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- Absolutely amazing. I have a DAR Lineage in front of me that I'm going to type from my handwritten right now.
- Although I am already a member of a lineage society, I learned several new things, especially terms I didn't know before. Time well spent!
- Amy did an excellent job explaining all about lineage societies.
- Amy is a wonderful teacher who makes points clearly. She emphasizes that the process will take time. I am anxious to look at a list of the various societies. I feel more confident after learning with Amy and Geoff. Thank you.
- Amy is one of the best speakers on the circuit. Her explanations are easy to understand, and her graphics are well-planned and support her message.
- Amy is one of the best!
- Amy is very knowledgeable and explains things so clearly. Thank you!
- An interesting topic and one that I am thinking about using to apply to the DAR for my daughter
- Another great webinar. Thanks Legacy
- Awesome job by my cousin, Amy!!
- Awesome!!! Cannot wait to get started. Originally, I did not plan to apply to societies because I did not believe I had contributed anything. Today, I will begin the process to honor my ancestors ... part of our heritage. Thanks for making this process more user friendly!
- Even though I am a DAR member, proving supplements for DAR is more difficult. Many hints today should help with those problems. Thanks
- Excellent presentation - clear and precise and informative. Thanks Amy and Geoff !!
- Excellent speaker, who is able to draw her audience in by being a good story teller. Thank you!
- Excellent!! I've been trying off & on to join the DAR without finishing the application. I sure didn't know about all the others!! Thanks for another great webinar!
- going to listen several more times because I couldn't write fast enough!! need to save every minute, Thanks to all.
- Good information! Come back again! -An FFO Member
- Got some nice tidbits at the afterparty. Good seminar, I'm working on getting my 95 y/o father into SAR via his Pottinger patriot ancestor.
- Great information especially on proof.
- GREAT webinar for the 400th webinar. Gave me important information needed for applying to lineage societies.
- Great webinar!!!!! Love Amy!
- Great Webinar........I follow Amy on Facebook and enjoy her articles. Now I enjoy her webinars. She is good!
- Happy 400 webinar...Interesting as always.
- I never thought there was any reason to do this, but now I see the value in going through the process.
- Just what I needed, the help to work on lineage for societies. I have a bunch I want to join, just didn't have the proof. Now more is available and know more of how/what I need to do. Thanks :)
- Liked the additional reinforcement to research standards, thanks, well done!
- Love the after party every time. Always great little tips
- Never ever thought I would enter a lineage society but really enjoyed this program! Thanks for continuing to challenge me Geoff! And for adding another delightful speaker to the archives.
- Really helpful, not only for joining societies, but also good reminders for proving your genealogy in general.
- Thanks for another interesting webinar. These are awesome!
- Thanks for the advise on needing to critic one's own research and the help available through submitting to a society.
- Very good overview for making a case to join a lineage society. Great after webinar party as always!
- Very informative webinar! Thanks so much! HAPPY 400TH WEBINAR!!!!!!!
- Well-organized and skillfully presented webinar. containing both specific information about the topic and broader research suggestions.
- Wonderful! I learned a lot about lineage societies. I do have a line going back to the DAR that I will be applying to in the future and this was a tremendous help! Thank you.
About the author:
Amy Johnson Crow is a Certified Genealogist, author, editor, and lecturer. She is a regular presenter at national and state genealogy conferences. Amy was the series editor for the National Genealogical Society Guides, published by Rutledge Hill Press, and was the co-author of Online Roots. Amy was the founding editor of the Ohio Civil War Genealogy Journal, published by the Ohio Genealogical Society. She has served on several national and state boards. Amy holds a Masters of Library and Information Science degree from Kent State University, with a concentration in digital libraries. Her roots run deep in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic and she has a special interest in military research.