Whether you carry a smart phone or a tablet there are great apps out there to help you snap and edit pictures. Digital organization for all those photos is included. This covers taking contemporary family history photos to documenting a relative's collection.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on September 24, 2014. 1 hour 44 minutes, plus 2 pages of handouts.
About the author:
- As I've only worked on my Fam Hist. 1 yr. now, it's simply overwhelming, but thankfully resources like this give new hope and inspiration - along with the super information!
- A lot of my google searches take me to the "internet archive" website. I'm glad to see there is much more to check out!
- ABSOLUTELY full of information!!! Thanks
- Always great and the mini-Legacy webinar was a great bonus.
- Another great learning session. Thanks Geoff and Legacy Family Tree!
- Another great webinar, one of the best. I learned so much. Thank you.
- As always enough leads to keep me busy for ages. Also new avenues to explore. Citations 'made easy' great info to end webinar.
- I do use archive.org, but this was a great overview to guide further explorations into it and other online archives. I sense a lot of fun ahead finding the kind of things that make th lives I'm researching richer and more interesting. (Thanks for the tutorial on adding citations, Geoff! That helped too!)
- Didn't know about internet archive!! Great appendix info as well, Geoff; thanks!
- Enjoyed both the webinar and the webinar afterglow.
- Enjoyed the live concept - see what really happens.
- Excellent lots of new places to look and the post-game demo made it a super bonus! Please include that on the archive. I can see going over this webinar several times again.
- Excellent webinar! Showing the search steps 'live' was most helpful. Thank you for explaining some of the possibilities of these wonderful FREE websites.
- EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT. Top notch webinar & post webinar. Know I will be reviewing this one over & over again. Thank you.
- Great webinar! I've used Internet Archive before, but not in a very organized or knowledgeable way. I now understand much better how to use it. Maureen is great! Thanks to her and to Jeff for this webinar.
- I enjoy learning of new sites to explore on the internet. I have not been very active in my searching, hopefully this will get me motivated again.
- I have used archive.org for lots of local history and genealogy books, usually getting there with a Google search. This opens up lots of other avenues to explore, particularly images. Maureen is correct that the search box for digital books doesn't always work. If the book doesn't have an index (which is true of a lot of pre-20th century books), then it takes lots of paging through the book to see if it has anything of interest: kind of like browsing books in a real world library. Thanks again!
- I really enjoyed it.. The picture of Oscar L. Jackson that Maureen found was my husband's great grandfather. I never knew it was out there.
- LOVED that she would navigate live and show us how mistakes happen. Makes me more confident in using the site and knowing that things can go wrong even if you are an expert on the subject...BRAVO!
- Maureen always fun and informative. I use Internet Archive very regularly and some of the other cites she demonstrated. Still I learned many new things today. So glad I am a webinar subscriber so that I can review this one a few times.
- Maureen is one of the presenters I change my calendar appointments for! Thank you!
- One of the best webinars in the past couple years. So much info I didn't know. Great topic!! Thanks!!!!
- So much information in just an hour! I will definitely have to get a standing desk so that I'm not sitting for 20 hours a day! Thank you again for these webinars. Maureen Taylor is definitely one of your star presenters -- keep 'em coming.
- Wow! The things I learn, listening to your webinars! Maureen is such a calm well-prepared presenter - and still has the same kinds of glitches we all do! Love to see live presentations, with clear examples and why/how to find items we can use for our family trees and in writing up our family histories. Fabulous webinar. Gold stars all around.
- Wow, several completely new sites to research!! I learned so much today. The post webinar session will save me hours! Thanks so much, Geoff.
Maureen Taylor is an internationally recognized expert on the
intersection of history, genealogy, and photography. She has been
featured in top media outlets, including The View, Better Homes &
Gardens, the Boston Globe, Martha Stewart Living, MSNBC, DIY:
Scrapbooking, PBS Ancestors, Creative Memories' Lasting Moments,
DearMyrtle, and Satisfaction Magazine. Maureen is the author of a number
of books and magazine articles, as well as a contributing editor at
Family Tree Magazine. The Wall Street Journal calls Maureen “the
nation’s foremost historical photo detective.” Sign up for Maureen’s
free e-newsletter at www.MaureenTaylor.com.