Whether you are a brand new Legacy Family Tree user, or would like a beginning level refresher course, this class will help you become acquainted with the basics of this family tree software.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on January 13, 2017. 1 hour 42 minutes, plus 9 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- A good overview of the vast capabilities of Legacy!
- Although I've used Legacy for some time, still found some things that I didn't know but can definitely make use of. Thanks for all the great information, Geoff!!
- Always excellent ... always learn something new ... thank you ;-)
- Always love to hear Geoff - talking about a subject I love: Legacy!
- As usual Geoff gives GREAT webinars. Even though I am an intermediate Legacy user I learned of tips and tricks that I did not know existed. This was a wonderful webinar.
- As usual, many things learned today in spite of being a Legacy user for many years.
- Awesome-Awesome!!!! I've been using Legacy for a year now and learned about so many features I did not even know were available!!!
- Been doing genealogy for many years, yet learned ways to use family search that will add greatly to my own research process. Thank you!
- Even though I don't have Legacy Software yet, I could follow easily.
- excellent learned a lot in a very short time. I'm excited to get started.
- Excellent. I am a beginner and helped a lot. still have a lot to learn. Thank you for today's webinar.
- Fantastic refresher session!
- Fantastic! I love Geoff's teaching voice. I like learning via the webinar as I am a hands on learner. I intend to pay for the webinar subscription as I learn so much from the various speakers. Keep the Legacy program webinars coming!
- Geoff always puts things in an easy to understand format.
- Geoff has an excellent presentation style and communicates a lot of good information in a small timeslice. I learned a lot!
- Geoff is a master at covering a lot of territory in a brief time...only wish I could absorb it more readily. I'll watch this one in the archives several times. Thanks Geoff!
- Geoff is fantastic as always. Very much enjoy his approach and ability to multi-task by viewing the chat log to answer questions during his presentation.
- Geoff this was a great reminder of all the things that Legacy can do and reinforces why I do some of the things the way that I do. Thank you for your time.
- Geoff was organized, easy to understand and made Legacy Familiy Tree an attractive place to do genealogy from. Thanks for the beginner intro webinar.
- Geoff's are always the BEST!!
- Geoff's the best. Learned a couple new things!
- Good introduction for beginners, good review for those more experienced in using Legacy, probably a few new tips for anyone.
- Gosh I learned quite a bit. Glad I tuned in even though I have used the program already. There is always something I forget about. So this was a great refresher for me.
- Great and already marked for repeated watching!!!
- Great, Geoff! It always helps to watch someone else do stuff. I love Legacy. Thanks very much.
- Have had Legacy for a while at a cousin's recommendation. As a visual learner, I feel I now understand how to use it! Thanks.
- I am very experienced with Legacy, but wanted to find all kinds of little tid-bits that I didn't already know. Found them in this webinar. Well worth the time even for a more advanced person. Coaches always say to their team, pay attention to the basics. It does help to do a refresher every once in awhile.
- I enjoy these kind of webinars. I learn better by seeing how things are done. Thanks. By the way I got my DNA results this week. I love Genealogy...
- I have been using Legacy for quite a few years, but there are so many things available it is good to have a class like this to remind me of things. Thank you Geoff.
- I have been using Legacy for several years. This course helped me realize how many options that it offers. I would recommend it to anyone to use for their research. Great webinar.
- I learned sooo much. And from the #1 expert.
- I love you Geoff! This is an excellent company that cares about the users with the webinars & FB group admins. No other business does that. Don't ever leave us Geoff!
- I now feel that it is not so overwhelming to get started. Thanks!
- I'm just beginning to use Legacy, and the presentation was informative and helped me get ready to explore and add more. Thank you!
- I've been using Legacy for years and consider my skills intermediate. As always, Geoff taught me several new things and clarified a few points I was unclear about. I love these webinars.
- No matter how long I may have used Legacy, it is so good to hear the basics again to give me even forgotten information! Thanks for a great webinar!!
- No matter how long one has been doing Genealogy and/or using Legacy, one can always learn something by starting at the beginning. Thanks Geoff for a great Webinar.
- Realize even more so that I should have taken good advice from a few fellow researches to make the move over to Legacy many years ago. The power of the program to meet and exceed my needs is mind blowing. I now have a lot of clean up to do after importing my GEDCOMs into the program. Great webinar to encourage me to get started on what had seemed like a daunting project.
- Thank you for the "beginning" webinar. Even though I have used it and had others download the free Legacy program, you have given me some more insights to parts unexplored. I love Legacy and your seminars.
- Thanks for hanging in there with us Geoff and I especially thank you for answering my question regarding adoption and knowing the biological parents!
- Thanks, Geoff. It;s very nice to have a presenter spend so much time doing Q&A.
- This was a VERY good "how to" webinar. I learned so much! Thank you, thank you. Legacy is such an amazing program and very grateful for Goeff and Legacy Webinars.
- This was very helpful for getting started. I hope you can do one for the newer features for Legacy 9 when it comes out!
- Well done. Great explanations. Learned way more than I thought was possible. Old Family Tree Maker user. And I am so happy that I choose to tranfer over to Legacy Family Tree. And so is my family. Thank you Geoff. It is amazing how you have mastered your skills over the years I have been watching the Webinars.
- WEll organized presentation. And Geoff is very comfortable at demontrating; and good at going over info and adding to his presentation 'on the fly' when there are questions, etc. Thanks!
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello, basketball and bowling. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center. He is the author of the recently-released, Kindred Voices: Listening for our Ancestors, and the popular books Legacy Family Tree, Unlocked! and Digital Imaging Essentials.