Explore Find-A-Grave, the largest cemetery database in the world and a must-have tool in your genealogy toolbox. Russ will share insights and methodologies into best using the site for family history research. He will also provide suggestions about contributing your own photographs.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on August 20, 2014. 1 hour 39 minutes, plus 1 page of handouts.Viewers' Comments:A fantastic webinar today with Cousin Russ. Will certainly be going to Find a Grave to search for my relative now.
- Already been using website for several years now but learned a lot.
- Another one of those webinars that I have to go back and listen again - so much great info!!
- As a long time user and contributor of Find A Grave; I learned many new things from Russ. I never knew about the spreadsheet for one. Thank you Legacy Webinars for this great presentation.
- Chock full of info; glad to have subscription to review at my leisure!
- Enjoyed the webinar today - picked up some hints! Thanks you!
- Even though I use FAG frequently, I sure learned more. Fantastic.
- Excellent - very specific, detailed, clear, and wonderfully informative. Thanks for presenting this webinar. Russ had a very clear slide presentation, with important points explained. Very practical!
- Excellent info. I especially liked the way Russ added to our knowledge by recommending other sites and blogs we can go to. Very organized and detailed. THANK YOU!!!
- Exceptional presentation. I've used find a grave and I've signed up before this. Still didn't know any of what was revealed today. Would very much like to contribute to this effort.
- Good instructional info even for long time users of FindAGrave Thanks
- Great examples, syllabus, and explanation. Can't wait to try looking for some of our ancestors in Ohio.
- Great presentation and thanks also for the source citation run through.
- Great webinar. I use FAG all the time, and couldn't believe all the features I learned about that I've never used. Just a great presentation.
- Having been a member of Find A Grave for over 5 years, Russ taught things that I did not know. Always great learning new things. This was great information to know.
- I appreciate the advice to re-check Find A Grave periodically to see if my ancestors' headstones have been photographed, as when I first checked, they were not. Thank you, Russ, for all the other information you presented today. I learned so much.
- I have been using FAG for several years, am a contributor, "owner"... I have taken and submitted pictures... and still I learned a few things. Thanks.
- I have been using Find A Grave for several years. I thought that I knew how to use it until today. This has inspired me to put more up there. I didn't even have a bio. The extra on citing Find A Grave in Legacy was very helpful too. I have been typing all of the information, but from now on I will copy and paste. Thank you Russ and Geoff!
- I love the way that Cousin Russ explains everything so clearly and discusses every single step rather than skipping them. He is a good teacher.
- It is always good for me to see how someone who knows how to use a site does it. What a great webinar! Now I can feel more confident in using Find A Grave. Thanks, Cousin Russ and Geoff!
- I've been using F-A-G for several years now and I learned so much that I didn't know! Can't wait to get back out there and see what's been added --- and upload a lot of my tombstones now. THANKS SO MUCH for this webinar!
- Just like having someone set down with me and show me the ropes! I like the step by step walkthrough-- Russ has a knack for demonstrating the process so one remembers easily, and also alludes to other features in such a way that they don't get in the way. Great presentation.
- New to geneology and first time webinar participant. I'd seen Find-a-Grave, but only superficially. Thank you, Russ and Geoff, for an informative tour that even I could understand.
- Russ made us realize that there is soooo much more to Find-A-Grave...
- This was so informative. I've been managing family members on FAG for over a year, but I learned a lot of good tips today. Wonderful job by Russ. Pace was perfect, and the slides were very well done. Sound and screen were really good 99% of the time. I'm really glad I could attend.
- Very informative - explained some features and search tips I was unfamiliar with even though I've used Find a Grave for years. Also appreciated Jeff's "mini-session" on source citation and cutting and pasting from FAG into the source box.
- Wow! I learned so much! I had thought I already "knew it all" about findagrave. Not so!! There is so much more there than I had thought. Thanks! Great webinar!!!
About the author:
Russ Worthington lives in the beautiful Northwest corner of New Jersey that most people don't know exists in his beautiful state (no exit numbers). He started "collecting his ancestors" about 15 years ago when his youngest daughter gave him a genealogy management software program as a gift to "give him something to do." Little did he know where this would lead him and the people he would meet. Russ enjoys helping others in their hunts and in building their family relationships.