Learn how to find free digital maps for your ancestral locations, add them as permanent overlays to Google Earth, and then organize them into your personal map reference collection. You’ll learn best practices for keeping them organized and enriching your research.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on January 18, 2017. 1 hour 41 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- Lisa is the best and so clear and easy to follow. After webinar party was great too - thanks Geoff.
- A lot of material. Well organized and clearly presented. Excellent.
- All new to me. I have now downloaded Google Earth Pro and am ready to play with it. Thanks!
- All the webinars have been very good. This one was especially valuable for all the actual "how to do its". Love everything Lisa does. Thanks, Geoff!!
- Always a great job by Lisa. Step-by-step is great while reading alongside chapter in her book.
- Always enjoy Lisa's webinars etc. Will have to watch it again! Love the after parties too, thanks! :)
- Aren't they all AMAZING!!!!
- Awesome webinar as always with Lisa Louise Cooke!!
- Awesome! This will be fun and a great help in researching. Very informative and easy to understand. Thank you so much.
- Awesome, awesome, awesome! Who knew that Google Earth was so cool? Thanks again for a great after party, Geoff!
- Clear, easy, true to the expectations of the title, THANKS
- Excellent A+ for letting us see her talking while doing the Webinar.
- EXCELLENT - more, more, more of LIsa!
- Excellent topic and speaker! Learned so much today in a short time...should be on the top 10 for the year!
- Excellent webinar!!! The presenter was interesting upbeat and very easy to understand! The hour just flew by.
- Excellent webinar. Of course it has piqued my interest and as someone said, it will be my new BSO!!
- Excellent! Had no idea Google Earth was so useful to genealogists!
- EXCELLENT!!! I like how she went step-by-step and slow enough for my poor old brain to process the information!!! :-)
- EXCELLENT!!! So was the After Webinar Party!!
- Excellent; as always. Hard to top this one!
- Excellently presented by a person who really knows her subject and more impressively, explains it to people who might not get it!
- Fabulous presentation and presenter! Thank you for the easy to follow directions and repeated instructions.
- Fantastic webinar. Best I have ever attended. Thank you!!!
- Fantastic. I'm glad I have a subscription as I intend to now go and watch all her other webinars
- G R E A T !!!
- great speaker - Lisa has the ability to cover a LOT of info in a short amount of time without overwhelming us!
- GREAT webinar. Thanks Lisa and Geoff. No cooking tonight I will be on Google Earth.
- I didn't think I needed this webinar but enjoyed it very much and will work on historical maps for my research.
- I give this webinar a 10!!!! I learned more than I thought was possible. My opinion of Google just increased.... Finding time do search for maps on Google will keep me busy forever............Loved this Webinar !!! Thank you Legacy, Geoff and Lisa Louise Cooke
- I no longer feel like an absolute imbecile when it coms to working with Google Earth! Thank you so much for the maptastic webinar!
- I really do appreciate learning how to use 'Google Earth'. Seeing the places where my ancestors lived really adds to my research. Thank you Lisa and Geoff!
- I've never been disappointed when watching one of Lisa's presentations ... so much knowledge, and willing to share with all of us. Uber wonderful, once again. Thanks, once again. (I'd really give her a 10)
- Lisa always shares so much information and is so professional in her presentation - thanks for a terrific and really useful to everyone topic!
- Lisa is a "can't miss". Great and enthusiastic presenter. She always presents in an easy to follow format where it could be easy to be overwhelmed and get lost in some of the aspects of Google related tech.
- Lisa is a gifted teacher and is able to convey information in a simple way that I appreciate.
- Lisa is the best ever! So helpful and generous! I'd give her a 5++++++!
- Lisa put on one of THE BEST presentations of all webinars.... BRAVO!!
- Lisa was extremely informational and I loved how she explained things. Being a young librarian I tend to be more tech savvy than my patrons. Her webinar gave me both great ideas for programs and services for my patrons as well as some good language on how to explain things as well.
- Lisa's command of Google earth is awesome. Thanks.
- Maptastic! Thanks a lot.
- Not only does Lisa give clear directions but the graphics are always so well done with the red arrows to point at exactly where to give the attention. I love her enthusiasm. She is like the 'energizer bunny' ....go, go, go! I can't ever imagine her feeling 'down'.
- Oh, what fun. Can't wait to try this. I just used it for recent searches. Never thought about Historical.
- One of, if not the best ever!!!!!
- Simply blown away by such an informative webinar. Fabulous to be able to walk through in real time with Lisa with the software. So much to play with and learn...... so little time..... Great problem to have!
- Terrific ... all new information even for an advanced researcher! A must-see webinar --- and see it over and over again.
- Terrific presenter! I signed up for her Genealogical Gems!
- The excellence never ends! Another great presentation today.
- The very best webinar ever given!
- This was a fantastic webinar. I had no idea these features were available on google earth and no idea so many maps were available. I am going to be busy. This is one webinar I am going to have to watch several times.
- This was my first seminar as a subscriber and It was great! I downloaded the syllabus afterwards and I'm now looking for other classes on basic google earth and mapping addresses from censuses and directories so I can see whereabouts they lived.
- This was one of the best and most helpful webinars ever and I have watched 95 per cent of them! Thank you so much for doing this!!!
- Worth the full year subscription (especially since I will be reviewing it several times to digest and apply it all)!
- Wow,Lisa is always so upbeat and enthusiastic ! Makes me want to drop everything and go map hunting! Beautifully described step by step instruction.
- Yet another great presentation - even when I have to get up at 5am!!! :)
- You can always count on Lisa Louise Cooke to be pleasant and to present a professional and most helpful webinar. Her handouts are quite helpful, too. Enjoyed her topic immensely; she's an expert on Google Earth.
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is producer and host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast, both available at www.GenealogyGems.com, in iTunes, and through the Genealogy Gems app. Her podcast episodes bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists and have been downloaded over 1 million times. Lisa is the author of a variety of multi-media materials available to Genealogy Gems Premium Members and the books: Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhouse, How to Find Your Family History in Newspapers, The Genealogist's Google Toolbox, and Genealogy Gems: Ultimate Research Strategies, as well as producer of the video series Google Earth for Genealogy and over 60 videos at the Genealogy Gems YouTube Channel. Lisa's offerings are not limited to online. She is a sought after international genealogy speaker having regularly appeared at Who Do You Think You Are? Live in London, and webinar presenter. Whether in person or online, Lisa strives to dig through the myriad of genealogy news, questions and resources and deliver the gems that can unlock each listeners own family history treasure trove! Family is not just a priority professionally. Lisa is a doting wife to Bill, the proud mom of three daughters, and has added the role of Grandma to her resume. She counts her blessings every day for the love, fulfillment and laughter that family brings to every aspect of her life.