Learn how to use Google Drive - a free cloud computing application complete with spreadsheets, word processing and more - to your advantage while performing genealogy research. We’ll cover how to create new documents, import documents from your hard drive, and how to use the basic functions of each component.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on May 4, 2016. 1 hour 53 minutes, plus 12 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- +5 +5 +5 Both Thomas' and the after party were extremely informative - not only will dusting not get done but dinner is in jeopardy!
- All kinds of great information!! One of the most complete syllabus ever provided!!!!!!!
- Always a 5 for Thomas. He's so well organized and articulate and knows so many different apps and platforms etc., that I feel I can trust whatever he tells us.
- Always enjoyable listening to Thomas MacEntee - and always educational!
- Always informative and interesting discussion. Love this guy.
- Always nice to listen to somebody who knows his stuff, and Thomas does.
- As always...EXCELLENT! Cannot beat Thomas Macentee or Geoff Rasmussen in a webinar
- As usual, content is great! And Thomas REALLY knows his stuff!
- At first, I didn't think I'd be interested in Google Drive, but as it turns out, it is a great tool! Thank you, Thomas and Geoff. Great after party too!
- Awesome information! Thomas is so informative and helpful, but most of all, he makes it easy to understand. Thanks, Thomas!!!
- AWESOME....Thomas is always inspirational and very, very easy to understand!
- Excellent presentations by Thomas and Geoff with worthwhile information on Google Drive for genealogy and Legacy capabilities.
- Excellent. Another tool to help get the research and collaboration done.
- Fantastic, Thomas is at his usual high standard. Love the interaction between you both. Thanks heaps.
- Gave me a totally different perspective on Google Drive potential
- Geoff and Thomas should take their show(s) on the road. They are so good together.
- Good info - learned several new things about a topic I thought I knew pretty well!
- Google Drive ability to do OCR. Fantastic Tip
- Google Drive is so simple to use. I've just been holding off using it because I need a little hand holding.
- Great info about OCR
- Great information that I can use right away! Thank you for clear and concise presentation and step by step examples!
- Great presentation! I learned so much about using Google Drive that I was furiously writing down possible ideas. Thanks, Thomas and Geoff!
- Great webinar to learn about some new tools. He explained them very well in such a short time and gave us ideas of how they can be of use for genealogy. Thank you!
- Have NEVER seen a webinar by Thomas MacEntee that was NOT EXCELLENT! Loved this, as always! Learned a LOT I didn't know, even though I have been in IT for over 33 years!
- Hit it out of the park again with Thomas MacEntee!!
- I am very impressed with your webinars...they just explode with useful and usable info and techniques.
- I had never really given Google Drive much thought. This was a great presentation and eye opener.
- I have recently begun to use docs and sheets. Thomas really helped shorten my learning curve and showed my where Drive can be so much more useful! I will watch this a few times and be ready for the individual seminars that you are lining up. I liked the last minute addition showing us what it looks like for each of you as you interact on a project. Very helpful!
- I learned a lot and I want to share this with my husband who doesn't even do genealogy.
- This was the most incredible webinar I've listened to. The webinars are worth all the money we pay for memberships. Thomas is fantastic!! I'm glad he lost his original job.
- Learned so much- these webinars have so much value- thank you for providing them
- Loved the after party, too!
- Loved the interactivity demo!
- My mind is over stimulated with such an overload of information. Keeps my mind young and my shelves undusted!
- Outstanding presentation! I am about to start using these skills. Really appreciate how calm Thomas is when explaining information. Really appreciate all the extra knowledge! Look forward to the upcoming Google Drive webinars such as more on Google Forms. As always appreciate the demos and helpful guidance using Legacy from Geoff. THANKS!!!
- Outstanding, as usual!! Thank you for opening up Google Drive for me. Eagerly on my way to using this. Thank you, Thomas.
- Really great webinar, understand a lot more about google drive etc. Always appreciate the after party too! :)
- Succinct, well presented, with good info and excellent tips. While I already use Google Drive, I know I can always learn more from Thomas MacEntee's presentations, and I did with this one! Great job, definitely recommend this and any of his other webinars.
- The BEST Presenter!
- This was phenomenal! Even though I joined at the end, the discussion and after party were just what I was interested in. Have always wondered about a tree or listing of just my Pedigree direct ancestors - today Geoff explained this fully! Thank you so much
- This webinar was very informative, and it was great to see the live demonstrations. I'm going to practice these new skills right away! Thanks!
- Thomas and Geoff....what a combo~!
- Thomas is always good - no matter the topic. Well presented in easy to understand and grasp. So much information and great tips. One of my favorite presenters, I try not to miss his webinars.
- Thomas is always great to listen to and "Thomas and Geoff Live" (or "Geoff and Thomas Live") would make a good series. :-)
- Thomas MacEntee is awesome as usual. He answered all my questions, even the ones I didn't know to ask.
- Thomas made Google Drive so understandable and his handout was the BEST!!
- Today was one of the best webinars. It is not only useful information for genealogy but also for other projects. Thanks.
- Totally DYNAMITE !
- His information is always top notch and his presentation style is unrivaled. His calm voice and his way of talking and showing is as if he were sitting right beside you at your elbow and helping you individually. So good!
- Wow! Clear, well paced, and stimulating. So glad I have a membership, as now I can go through it again. Please add those in-depth webinars on the file types!
- WOW, wow, wow...Thomas you are the best teacher...I always learn something at these webinars, but with Thomas I can put everything to good use.
About the author:
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more. Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.” Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.