Continue your work in Germanic parish records, with examples and cases that will help you with an array of strategies and situations to help you learn how to bridge the gaps and build your Germanic lineage.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on June 22, 2016. 1 hour 46 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- A great webinar. I hope to break down two brick walls leading to Germany. Thank you for another informative webinar.
- A lot of information to digest, but that's okay since I can go back and review the webinar. Also, great handout
- Absolutely the best!
- Amazing as to what can be gleaned. Thanks.
- Another excellent presentation!
- Clear examples to enhance verbal instruction. Thanks
- Excellent advance tips on searching German records. Loved Geoff's after party!
- Excellent webinar and syllabus!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.
- Excellent webinar! Very useful for those of us who have viewed parish records before but perhaps did not analyze the data with as much thoroughness.
- Excellent! I MUST take the time to work on my German ancestors !!!
- Excellent. I learned several new things from this webinar!
- Fantastic! After last one I found birth & baptism records. Will definitely apply techniques Gail demonstrated.
- Gail is a terrific presenter. She is one of those whose webinars I would always attend, no matter the topic! Thank you!
- Glad there was a syllabus! Wish I knew German....
- Great help to find German ancestors!
- Great information...looking forward to a possible webinar on how to find German parishes! Thanks for great resources, too
- Great practical info - especially liked seeing the actual record and having a chance to decipher it.
- great presentation. Have been doing research in german parish records for 15+ years and learned a few new thinks and it was a great reinforcement of my research practices.
- Great to have these more advanced webinars.
- Great webinar! It will help so much researching husband's lines. I really like the presenter. Thanks :)
- Great! Got an idea on how I might break down a wall. Check for Grandfathers' baptism in Illinois and might find some info that has been missing on my GGrandfathes line. Thanks!!!
- I appreciate the level of the presentation. She did a nice job.
- I found Gail's webinar most informative, and look forward to all future webinars concerning Germany since I have many ancestors from there and the former West Prussia.
- I found naming practice very helpful, especially around land ownership. Gail is a very clear speaking informative lady. Once again I enjoyed the presentation a great deal. Thank you
- I hope that you will sign her up for another webinar presentation. She has given such valuable info on the Introduction to German Church Records and today's follow-up.
- I wish you would extend the numbers to 10 or above! Some of these webinars are so amazing, and this was one!! Thanks so much!
- I've experienced much of what Gail showed today, and her explanations and visuals were extremely helpful, as were the Q and A.
- Lots of great word and handwritting tips along with great info on how surnames changed.
- Lots of information! Now to remember it all when searching. Loved the way Gail presented. She spoke slowly which made it easier to follow especially for those who wear hearing aids. Thanks.
- LOVED it!
- Loved that it was at a higher level and the tips about using a spreadsheet and sponsors'/witnesses' names is something I'm going to delve into very, very soon. Thanks for another great webinar.
- More Please! She stimulates so many questions!
- Now to get going in Germany. After this webinar, I have hope!
- She covered many things I haven't seen elsewhere (e.g. "marrying the farm"). My family's line had an incorrect pedigree because the original researcher didn't know about this custom. I only discovered it when I hired a genealogist in Germany, who corrected the pedigree for me. I've been reading one FHL microfilm for almost a year now, confirming the information he gave me.
- So helpful today. Gail is so knowledgeable and is so clear, easy to learn from, and provides great detail to help. I loved this webinar and will be going over it again and again! Glad to be a member!
- Very comprehensive and truly in-depth. Handout is comprehensive as well and added to my binder for future reference.
- Very good - lots of information. I need to go back and rewatch her first one to help. Also enjoyed the Afterparty - had forgotten about the tagging tips! Thanks
- Very helpful to those of us researching German families and not knowing the language, customs, etc. My husband will love my new knowledge.. After Webinar party VERY good.
- Very helpful today for overcoming problems with German church records research. Also, Gail is a terrific teacher - explains things well and with a congenial manner.
- Very informative and well presented. Thank you Legacy Family Tree Webinars and Gail Blaukenau.
- Wonderful information!! Thank you. You have convinced me to get a webinar membership so I can re-watch this one and others over and over again and get the notes.
About the author:
Gail Blankenau is an experienced genealogist, speaker and author. Her publications include articles in the New England Historical and Genealogical Register and The Genealogist. She is also a contributor to Family Chronicle and Internet Genealogy magazines. Based in Nebraska, she specializes in Nebraska records, Midwestern roots, German genealogy, land records, 19th-Century photographs and tracing lineages. More than half her ancestors came from New England, but she has roots in almost every state east of the Mississippi.