In this one-of-a-kind lecture we will discuss various methods for keeping track of your DNA matches- especially your autosomal DNA matches. We will first discuss what kind of information you need to keep track of, and why. We will cover the basics of Excel, Word, email folders and correspondence. We will talk about some alternative tools like Evernote, and Kustumnote that can help you streamline and standardize your organization. We will even cover some visual tools that will help you including Google Earth. This webinar will leave you armed and dangerous, ready to identify your best autosomal DNA matches and begin to move forward with the real genealogy business of making connections.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on November 11, 2015. 1 hour 38 minutes, plus 3 pages of handouts.
- A difficult topic conveyed in layman's terms. Thank you!
- A fantastic presenter. A complex topic. Have more webinars related to DNA genealogy!
- A geat speaker and I was impressed with the content. I look forward to hearing more from her.
- A good, brief explanation of genetic tools and other ideas for organizing DNA results. Thx.
- Aside from being an excellent speaker, Diahan has the ability to stay on task, and funnel data to the most important and easy to understand level. That's a gift.
- Best webinar ever!
- Definitely amazing. I learned a lot.
- Diahan makes it easier to understand!
- Diahan provided such a wealth of information. It is great to have it presented in mostly lay terms.
- Diahan was a very thorough and entertaining. It was easy to follow her and take notes.
- She has great enthusiasm. Her presentation was colorful, clear and organized - which made it easy to follow. Excellent!
- Diane is very easy to listen to. She explains so well.
- Excellent for beginners and advanced users!
- Excellent presenter - one of your best
- excellent she is wonderful and quite knowledgeable--Love her
- Excellent webinar, very professionally done!
- Excellent! Thanks to you both!
- Fantastic presentation! Please have her again. She always does an excellent job and is understandable.
- FANTASTIC!! Great presentation. Great delivery.
- Gives me hope that I can learn this!
- Great info on organizing and using DNA results. Also, a lot of the organization ideas are good for genealogy in general and just about any other type of organization.
- Great webinar!!! She was an even more fantastic speaker tonight than the previous time I heard her speak!
- Great! Something new! Lots of new info. Easy to understand and great graphics. Thanks!
- How about rating the webinar a TEN? Diahan Southard is an absolute delight. Encore performance for her, please. Thank you very much.
- I can't wait to start getting my matches organized!
- I have a better idea of where to start. It was very over-whelming before.
- I'm a real newbee for DNA but was able to follow along pretty well. I liked learning about her tools BEFORE I dive in.
- Impressed when I was in Diahan's session at Tx State Gen. Soc. conference and .. wow even more to learn tonight. She is soooo good!
- Incredible amount of information in such a short time. Very thorough.
- Love her analogies. She has a gift for making things understandable. Have her back!!!
- My goodness, she's smart! I thoroughly enjoyed her style of presenting.
- Not at all what I was expecting but exactly what I need! I have been reluctant to contact matches, but I'm on it now! Best coverage of a complex topic.
- Please have more webinars by Diahan... She was excellent. She covered a huge topic extremely well. And she spoke so clearly. Loved this webinar!!!
- She is one of the best presenters you have ever had. I've been trying to understand my DNA results and now I feel there is hope. Please have her back to give more webinars on this subject.
- She took me to the next level of organization. I really appreciated her presentation but wanted more.
- She was a great presenter. Her presentation was very easy to understand, nice slides, and a ton of new information (and I thought I knew a lot about the topic already). Thanks!
- simply superb. I'm going to have to listen to this a few more times to get it all. diahan certainly covered a lot of territory in a short time. Got to get those Quick Guides too!!! Thanks so much for this webinar. Gold star work!!
- Super enthusiasm! And she actually was full of information, but didn't make me feel dumb or totally uninformed. I look forward to rewatching and using her organizational ideas.
- Thank you for another stellar training session!
- This is my first webinar; I was quite impressed with what I learned and Diahan's ability to present at a steady pace and at an understandable level. I will be back for more.
- Very good webinar! Learned a lot of new ideas to help manage so many DNA matches. Would love to hear more.
- Wow what a talent and great speaker...I would travel and pay to hear her again!!! Thank you thank you!
About the author:
A microbiology graduate, Diahan Southard worked before and after graduation for the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation. Growing up with the budding genetic genealogy industry lead her to her current position as Your DNA Guide, where she provides personalized, interactive experiences to assist individuals and families in interpreting their genetic results in the context of their genealogical information. Diahan's lectures are always fun, upbeat, and full of energy. She has a passion for genetic genealogy, a genuine love for people, and a gift for making the technical understandable.