From Alsace-Lorraine to Paris and Huguenots to nobility, discover key resources for French research and techniques to meet challenges on both sides of the ocean.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on August 26, 2016. 1 hour 31 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- A broad topic covered very well.
- A good general survey. Nice audience interaction. This was my first, and I will take more.
- An excellent survey of accessible online sites for French and French-Canadian research, well organized and well presented.
- Excellent - Will use for ancestors from France - Alsace and look into Huguenot info. THANKS!!!
- Excellent presentation on French genealogy. Luana gave so many great resources!
- For a French novice researcher like me this was very helpful.
- Geoff, thanks for providing links as Luana described sites!!
- Great tips and suggestions. Now I need to dig more into France/Belgium!
- Great useful information for finding French ancestors.
- Great websites with information on how to use each site, excellent presentation.
- I have been stuck on a French ancestor who was rumoured to be Acadian or Huguenot but French at least. My DNA has links to many in Quebec so I'm thinking to start there. With the info from this webinar I now feel confident that I will make a good start.
- I haven't done any French research yet, so this was a good introduction where to start.
- I was very please to learn how to translate French and other sites to look on. I've researched into the 1700's in France & 4 generations in Canada and learned LOTS! Thx!
- Interesting and a plethora of resources for French ancestor research
- Interesting and learned a lot. Thanks Legacy for Hosting.
- Just beginning to research ancestors from France. Thanks for so much information at one time.
- Lots of sites to help with research. Also learned about the Google translate bar. Great stuff!
- Love, love, love these webinars. They are indispensable, especially when you are ready to search back to European sources.
- Presenter is very knowledgeable. She presented in a clear and enthusiastic manner.
- Really wonderful information to help with research in Canada and France. Thanks. It helps to have history information when helping others.
- Some of my ancestors are French Canadian - glad she covered this part for the French.
- TRES BONNE!
- Tres magnifique!
- Very helpful since I have many French, French Huguenot and French Canadian ancestors. New websites and links to explore!
- Very informative especially on websites not in the US. So glad to finally see this webinar.. Thanks.
- Very Informative! Anxious to use a few new resources that Luana provided. Merci to all involved for another excellent webinar!!
- Wonderful webinar on Finding your French ancestries.
About the author:
Luana Darby, MLIS, is a Salt Lake City based genealogist who specializes in the U.S. Midwest, Palatine German, LDS, and American patriot research. Her love for genealogy came from listening to stories at her grandmother's knee while a young girl. She has been working with clients for over 20 years and is a frequent speaker at conferences, workshops, and institutes. She is past president of the Utah Genealogical Association.