You can remember everything in your genealogy research with Evernote, because it puts all your notes at your fingertips. In addition to superfast and easy note taking and retrieval, you’ll learn how to clip items from the Internet (rather than saving bulky web pages!), use OCR technology to search your digitized documents like newspaper articles, and tap into the best apps that help Evernote work even harder for you. Evernote harnesses the power of the Cloud to allow you to work across all your platforms (including your iPad and smart phone) Best of all, it’s free! This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on November 19, 2014. 1 hour 34 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
- Lisa is great!! We who are often technologically challenged in Genealogy are so fortunate to have her to show us the way without getting so frustrated. I'm a premium member and recommend her programs and publications highly.
- Absolutely Fabulous! I've been using Evernote since it came out, but learned so much more that I can do--Thank you!
- Amazing amount of helpful information was provided. I will use Evernote now that I have the tools.
- Another great webinar! Thanks once again for creating this great learning tool.
- As usual, Lisa is a terrific speaker. I could listen to her every day. Thank you to Legacy Family Tree for putting on these great webinars.
- Awesome! Cleared up some questions I had, and inspired me to use it more and better. Thanks Lisa, and thanks Geoff for having her do this.
- Awesome! I think I finally understand how to use Evernote. The best bit of information for me was to use tags and forget about notebooks for every little thing. Thank you for that.
- Can't wait to try out Evernote!
- Evernote always "seemed" like an effective way of organizing my overwhelming amount of research. This webinar clearly "showed" me how easy it is to organize 14 years of genealogy research. Now, I just need to start incorporating it into practice. As Lisa said -- try it for a week.
- Excellent - and handout complimented it VERY well -- didn't have to take many notes, it was all in the handout. Thank you!
- Excellent webinar on Evernote for Genealogy, and other uses. Now I feel a little more confidant in my attempts to use it. A big thank you to Lisa, and Geoff as always.
- Excellent! The fear of Evernote is gone..
- Excellent!!! I've attended other webinars on Evernote but none actually showed how to get started and continue with other functions. We newbies need to be shown, not just lectured. Kudos.
- Excellent. Always learn new tips with Legacy webinars!! Thank you.
- Fabulous webinar. Thank you Lisa, and many thanks to Geoff for all your organization in putting these webinar topics together for us.
- Fantastic presentation. Lisa makes it seem so easy that I plan to give it a week! Thanks for all the wonderful webinars and resources they provide.
- Thanks Lisa and Geoff. I always look forward to the webinars, but Lisa and several other presenters are in a separate superstar class.
- Great pace and super information. Love Lisa's easy going style!! Thanks so much for opening this up as a free public offering!!
- Great presenter, easy voice and accent to listen too. Love the mix of slides and demonstrations. Lisa is such a great professional presenter. Thank you Legacy Software and Geoff for sponsoring this event.
- Great webinar and Lisa gave me a better understanding of Evernote. I liked her comment of the "Rabbit Hole" I am always getting side tracked when researching.
- Had Evernote but had no idea the power at my fingertips. Great learning experience.
- How did I not know about using Evernote before now?
- I can see that I will actually not have 5 or 6 pieces of the same census in my files! Just makes so much sense. Also I do quilting, knitting and doll clothes so it would be super to have that organized as well. In other words something I can really feel good about and have the security of having my work even when we change computers.
- I have attended many genealogy webinars and this is THE BEST ever! Exceptionally well organized, clearly and enthusiastically presented, and life-changing as far as genealogy research is concerned!
- I have been avoiding using Evernote for a long time. Now after Lisa's seminar, I am convinced to give a try.
- I love all your webinars but this one with Lisa was at the top of my list. I've been wondering what this Evernote is and now I am completely sold on using it--and, I might add, not afraid to try. As someone who started doing genealogy in the "old days" when everything was slower and not technological, I've been afraid of all the new technology. But I think that Evernote will be one application that I will not use daily to organize all those file drawers brimming over with papers.
- I use Evernote regularly BUT I really learned so much more. You made it come alive and much more userfriendly.
- I was glued to the screen!! A GREAT webinar, Thanks! I'm going to really give Evernote a serious "go"!!
- I've dabbled with Evernote a little in the past and I now have a new appreciation for what it can do for me in genealogy specifically. Thanks, Lisa and Geoff. Great and useful webinar.
- Legacy puts on the BEST webinars. And today was one of their best. 5 stars for the best of the best.
- Lisa is an excellent presenter. She made everything seem simple and clarified so many questions I had prior to the webinar. I've had Evernote downloaded for over a year, but was so frustrated by it, I quite using it. She has made a believer out of me and I can't wait to try it. Anxious to try out her website as well. Thank you Legacy!
- Lisa is one of the best presenters on the genealogy circuit. She knows her subject and is able to convey her ideas to the audience. I've heard her speak in person many times, and today's program was just as informative. Well done.
- Loved it! I am so excited to try Evernote--I actually think I can do it after watching this webinar.
- So much material. Please label this as episode 1. Episodes 2-6 later. VBG.
- THE best webinar on Evernote I've ever watched... and I've watched a few, trying to figure it out. I loved the live interactive style, the clear explanations, examples. Superb. And both Geoff and Marian P-L did a great job of keeping the Chat log answered and interesting to us all. Cheers!!
- The presentation was fabulous. Lisa gave a wealth of information and inspired me to make a greater effort at consolidating my research and getting ORGANIZED.
- This ranks #1 in helpful webinars and I don't say that lightly.
- Undoubtedly one of the best webinars I have 'attended'!! Quite possibly THE best!!
- Working with Evernote was simplified with Lisa's webinar instructions today. Thank You! Looking forward to seeing Lisa and you on the 2015 June Cruise.
- Wow! Didn't know a thing about Evernote, now can't wait to use it.
About the author:
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems
, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is Producer and Host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easy podcast, both available at www.GenealogyGems.com
, in iTunes, and through the Genealogy Gems app, and free toolbar. Her podcasts bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists in 75 countries around the world.
Lisa’s offerings are not limited to online. She is a sought after international genealogy speaker, and produces live presentations of The Genealogy Gems Podcast at top genealogy conferences.
Whether in person or online, Lisa strives to dig through the myriad of genealogy news, questions and resources and deliver the gems that can unlock each listeners own family history treasure trove!
Family is not just a priority professionally. Lisa is a doting wife to Bill, the proud mom of three daughters, and has added the role of Grandma to her resume. She counts her blessings every day for the love, fulfillment and laughter that family brings to every aspect of her life.