After years of genealogy research, are you ready to share your work with family, friends and the general public? Consider converting your manuscript to various e-book platforms. In this session you'll learn the various e-book types, the best ways to convert a manuscript, how to create a book cover, and even how to market your e-book to the genealogy community and beyond. Participants will learn how to convert a manuscript to various e-book formats including PDF, Amazon Kindle and more. In addition, we'll cover how to market your genealogy e-book using social media and other platforms.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on November 9, 2016. 1 hour 23 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- All the webinars are wonderful. This was one of the best! Loved it. Thanks.
- Another fantastic topic from Thomas. Love that he covers all aspects of the topic including why you would do it, how to do it, and considerations as part of your planning process.
- Another warm friendly intro to the topic from Thomas.
- As usual Mr. MacEntee has made it all understandable.
- As usual Thomas MacEntee's presentation was outstanding!
- Definitely a webinar I will be rewatching...several times!
- Excellent as always. Thomas makes the. implicated easy. Thank you so much. Whatever subject he wants to talk about would be worth attending even if you never think it would apply to you or your studies. You'll be surprised by what you will be able to use.
- Excellent as usual. I will be watching this again -- and probably again! I am planning to do a book in PDF format, right now for family only, and this has helped tremendously.
- Excellent information! Thomas is such a great presenter - organized, interesting and timely topics, and easy to understand!
- Excellent webinar from Thomas, as usual!
- Fantastic presentation this evening!
- Glad to learn about the different publishing types.
- Great information and really the best Q&A afterwards.
- Great information for the day I decide to write a book. Thomas is ALWAYS great!
- GREAT webinar. I almost skipped this one because I'm not feeling well. So glad I didn't I took lots of notes but couldn't keep up. Will watch this again. Probably several times. Thank you, Thomas.
- I loved this!!! Can't wait to actually do an e-book. Thomas is a FANTASTIC teacher. Thanks, Thomas!
- It's great to hear opinions from someone who has experience with several companies, who shares my value of sharing with relatives cheaply.
- Loved it! Looks doable!
- My first Legacy webinar. Very informative. Thanks
- My hand out is filled with notes - almost will have to print it again so I can read it!
- Outstanding presentation. Substantive, clear, loaded with info but easy to follow. Very helpful for some projects I have in mind. Many thanks!
- Outstanding! Thomas hit a homerun again. Thank you.
- Presentation, as usual, with Thomas MacIntee was very good. It help me to realize that I don't think I'll ever get far enough to publish MY genealogy.
- Really interesting learning about a subject I use a lot (ebooks), but knew nothing about.
- Solid speaker who is generous in sharing his expertise. It's appreciated.
- Thank you for the awesome tips. Thomas you are an excellent speaker. Thanks for everything you guys do.
- The best presented webinar I've watched so far; succinct, to the point and full of information. Very useful.
- The information was outstanding and well presented. There were lots of details which were particularly helpful as I am very new to the world of ebooks.
- Thomas always gives a clear, useful and helpful session, thanks Geoff, Marian and the folks at Legacy for this great education platform
- Thomas always knows his stuff!
- Thomas is a great speaker, so easy to understand and well organized. Many of the questions I had were answered in this excellent presentation.
- Thomas is always so knowledgeable and well-prepared. It is a pleasure, each and every time. He always gets a 5 from me. He is a real class act and a major asset to the genealogy community. Thanks, Thomas!
- Thomas is always so ready to share his knowledge. I hope he knows how much all of us out here is 'spaceland' appreciate it.
- Thomas is such a wonderful teacher and,freely shares his knowledge with us. Been thinking about doing an ebooks and feel,more motivated now. Thanks Thomas and Legacy for the Webinar. It is much appreciated.
- Thomas is such an expert presenter. He is always so prepared and speaks naturally to his audience in a perfectly professional yet friendly and approachable way. He's definitely one of my very favorites!
- Thomas is such an inspiring presenter and always motivates me to continue my genealogy.
- Thomas MacEntee is ALWAYS top notch in his material and presentation. EXCELLENT!!! Thank You!
- Thomas' webinars are always so good! He always manages to get his information across in a unhurried and understandable way. Thank you to Thomas for always generously sharing his expertise with the rest of us!
- Very interesting, I might write an ebook too. Thanks :)
- Wow! Very informative. Very interesting topic.
What happens when a "tech guy"¯ with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who's also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, online community builder and more. Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to "re-purpose today's technology for tomorrow's genealogy."¯ Thomas describes himself as a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics who has finally figured out what he does best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. Thomas is a big believer in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.