Through sample case studies, learn about lesser-utilized research tactics, key resources and repositories to find your elusive Eastern European ancestors.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on September 2, 2015. 1 hour 31 minutes, plus 6 pages of handouts.
About the author:
- Although I don't have Eastern European ancestors, I always get a lot from Lisa's webinars!
- Always enjoy Lisa. Very well prepared and presente material very well.
- appreciated getting references and website addresses
- As always, a powerful packed webinar
- Awesome As Usual!! Love the syllabus...Thanks again.
- Awesome topic. Always like hearing about Slovakia. Was a Peace Corps volunteer there 1993-1995. I also have Polish roots.
- Awesome webinar! So much information. Lisa Alzo is my favorite! My main research is polish genealogy, so I really learn a lot from her.
- Can never get enough of Lisa!
- Didn't have ancestors from eastern Europe but did enjoy the session.
- Even though my ancestors are German and Irish, I always learn something in research from Lisa Alzo
- Great webinar! Lots of information and tips. Both sides of my husband's family is mainly from German and surrounding areas, so this will be a real help. Thanks
- Great. Thank you. I just found a 'cousin' whose ancestor is my 2nd g grandfather's brother. Together both of us are excited and learning of the other side of this family from Lithuania.
- I enjoyed to learn a lot about Brick Walls in Eastern European. Wow!!! Lisa Alzo did wonderful job today! Kudos!!!!
- I have Hungarian ancestors and, with the tips from Lisa Alzo, I hope to find more information on those relatives. Great job, Lisa!
- I was hoping to learn a bit more about the geographical area of Prussia, as I believe it covered a great deal of the area in Central Europe. However, I did pick up a few tips and several reminders of records I have not yet checked.
- Lisa always has valuable information. She covered a lot today! Thanks!
- Lisa did a great job on a complicated subject...THANKS!!!
- Lisa is MY source for my Slovak and Polish ancestors!
- Lisa's many comments and strategies are applicable to any genealogical research,
- Lisa's tips were fantastic... a true professional, using technology, and common sense to solve genealogy problems... with the added dash of family relationships that we all are looking for. Thanks!!!
- Lisa's webinars are always top notch!
- Outsstanding presentation on a very difficult subject! Kudo's indeed.
- Super! Any presentation by Lisa Alzo is not to be missed! Thank you very much.
- Thanks, Lisa, and Geoff, for a great Eastern European Legacy Family Tree Webinar. I always enjoy learning new information and being reminded of information about my husband's family connection to the Austro-Hungarian world in what is now Ukraine. I especially like getting to copy, paste, and edit the chat on the right side for future reference. Geoff, you do a great job posting those answers including links to Internet websites that I might have missed during the presentation. I will be watch this one again
- Very informative of tips and tricks anyone could use regardless of where they are researching.
- Wonderful! My ancesters are in Germany but the info was applicable to any European country and the borders changed so often the map program will really help. Glad I attended.
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A. is a freelance writer, instructor, and internationally recognized lecturer, specializing in Slovak/Eastern European genealogical research, writing your family history, and using the Internet to trace female and immigrant ancestors. She is the author of nine books, including the award-winning Three Slovak Women, and hundreds of magazine articles, and writes the blog "The Accidental Genealogist" http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com.