Are you doing everything you can to safeguard your genealogical research? Your documents? Your data? Your scanned images? We will talk about the importance of taking charge of your own materials and making sure they aren't going to disappear.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on February 15, 2017. 1 hour 46 minutes, plus 4 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- FABULOUS WEBINAR
- 10+ Cyndi is always my #1 - followed by Judy Russell.
- A GREAT webinar, thanks very much !!
- A legend!
- A very brilliant genealogist.
- All great ideas and loved the to do list. I was most especially interested in investigating on how to expand the canvas space to include captions. Excellent webinar as always.
- Amazing and jam-packed with information!
- Another excellent webinar! Thank you Cyndi, Geoff and Lagacy!
- Another must see! Wonderfully presented. I am looking forward to going back and watching it again!
- As always - great content and presenter!
- Best one ever.
- Best webinar I have attended. Thank you.
- Can we make it 5+ !? Cyndi does a wonderful job of detailed explanation,and clearly organized presentation. She has provided the inspiration for getting better at this !
- Cyndi did a great job!!! She presented awesome information and is a wonderful speaker!!
- Cyndi gave us a great refresher and incentive to protect ourselves.
- Cyndi has inspired me to organize my digital genealogical research for the sanity of my future self!
- Cyndi Ingle is knowledgeable, an excellent presenter and provides important information. This was a great webinar! Thank you, Cyndi.
- Cyndi is a 10. Top notch! Been doing genealogy for almost 40 years and although many of her suggestions I already do, it makes me take a step back and LOOK. Excellent webinar! Thanks Cyndi!
- Cyndi is AMAZING!!! Could learn from her all day. What an excellent webinar! Thanks for every webinar you do!
- Cyndi is an expert on so many issues! It is a delight to have her spend her time with us at Legacy! Let's have her come again!
- Cyndi showed me that I have a lot of work to do. And I learned that there is an external floppy disk drive. I have several of these and have no idea what is on them. Thanks, Cyndi
- EVERY genealogist -- from beginner to advanced -- needs to hear this webinar!!
- Excellent -- a complete set of teachings to keep our digital gen research organized and safe. Thank you!
- EXCELLENT Webinar by Cyndi. Got lots of great tips for naming digital files. Also appreciated her information on backup and anti-virus software. Very detailed syllabus.
- Excellent!! So many interesting and helpful advice! Speaker was fun to listen to and engaging with the audience. would love to hear more from her on future webinars.
- EXCELLENT!!! But Cyndi always is! Great After party, too!!
- Extremely well-done and helpful - pointing out potential problems to guard against that never occurred to me.
- Fantastic!!!!! Clear. Concise. Useable. Bravo Cyndi!!!!
- Great ideas for the DNA organization!
- Great information, clearly presented, and I REALLY love a good handout and this one certainly is that. Thanks!
- Great job Cyndi". I thought this would be a so/so webinar, but was quick to realize that although "I" might be doing things half way, I need to be teaching others what they should be doing! Thanks. You woke me up!
- Great topic by a great presenter. Also thanks for the quick review of the Cyndi's List site.
- Great webinar with a wealth of knowledge! I will probably be subscribing just so I can get this syllabus.
- Great webinar Geoff and Cyndi. I hate to think of a genealogy world without Cyndi's List. Thanks Cyndi
- Great! I also was surprised with the extra treat of Legacy Cloud with Legacy 9...can't wait!
- Handout is excellent and easy to follow. I am going to start being an digital archivist today!
- I am blown away about the amount of work Cindi has done for us. I can't thank her enough (except maybe to send her some money) for all she has done.
- I confess to not having order in my research life. Cindi has showen me the way to organizating my research. I can not begin to think about all the data that I have lost or can not identify over the years. I have started to organize but Cindi has shed a light at the end of the tunnel for me. Thank you so much.
- I have to agree with a comment made by a viewer that this is the best webinar I've been a part of. Great info and well laid out. I cannot wait for your return. Kudos and great efforts!!!
- I thought I was organized until I watched this webinar. I have always been a fan of Cyndi Ingels, but this webinar puts her at the top of the list. If she can do all this and maintain Cyndi's List, she should be in the top 5.
- Mind-Blowing. AWESOME. Cyndi really needs 2 or 3 hours! Bet everyone would agree :)
- OUTSTANDING, as usual. So much crammed into 1 hour. Excellent information and syllabus and hand signals.
- So glad I listened. Will listen again to the recording. I have a LOT of work to do!
- So many archive and organizing tips. One of the best webinars I've attended. I didn't think there was more to learn, but I was so wrong!
- The absolute best webinar I have attended! Lots to do, but what a wonderful list!! Thanks too for all the resources!!
- The best one I've ever watched! She was organized, presented well, and never skipped a beat.
- This is the very first webinar I've attended, and it was amazing!
- Totally fantastic webinar . The whole back-up process is complicated but Cyndi's matter-of-fact techniques as well as her manner of teaching is fabulous.
- Wonderful webinar. I have not heard Cindy Ingle before.
Cyndi is the creator, owner and "webmaster"¯ of the award-winning web site Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet, www.CyndisList.com,
a categorized index to more than 335,000 online resources. In its first three years, Cyndi's List was three times voted the best genealogy site on the World Wide Web. It helps millions of visitors worldwide each month and has been featured in the media and diverse publications, including ABC News, NBC News, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, Parade Magazine, Wired, Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle, and Internet Genealogy magazines. Cyndi has been interviewed for many television and radio broadcasts including ABC News, NBC News, the BBC, and National Public Radio. She has also participated in the Ancestors II television series on PBS. Cyndi, a genealogist for more than 35 years, is a past-member of the board of directors for the National Genealogical Society. Cyndi is an internationally known guest lecturer for various genealogical society meetings and seminars (http://www.CyndisList.com/speaking-calendar/). She has lectured for the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, GENTECH, Brigham Young University, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the National Genealogical Society, the Washington Library Association, the Florida Library Association, the American Library Association and numerous local genealogical societies in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Cyndi has authored numerous articles and three books. Before her life on the Internet, Cyndi worked as an international banker specializing in foreign exchange and computer networks. Cyndi, her son, Evan, and three Boston Terriers live in Edgewood, Washington.