This begins with a brief history of Cyndi's List, followed by an overview of how to navigate the newly updated site and how to tell when the site is updated. Learn how to effectively use this valuable resource tool as your jumping-off point onto the genealogist's Internet.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on February 24, 2016. 1 hour 48 minutes, plus 4 pages of supplemental syllabus materials.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
- awesome class! Thanks from someone who's never been on "The List"
- A good reminder to use Cyndislist!
- Absolutely terrific presentation and very informational.
- ALWAYS learn something new at your webinars.
- Amazing undertaking! Cyndi deserves a gold medal alongside those donations for her efforts! Thanks for the info. Also loved the after-party info, too. Gave us some great ideas for family gifts.
- Appreciated finally learning about Cyndi's list. I will donate as it is a bargain compared to Ancestry. How will the site be maintained beyond Cyndi?
- awesome content! adding her .com address to my toolbar
- Can't wait to get started. Never knew what I was missing. Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is better!
- Cyndi gave a very thorough explanation and tour of her website. Excellent!
- Cyndi is a wonderful asset to the genealogy world.
- Cyndi is to be commended! She is a great asset to the genealogy community.
- Cyndi was great. I have a better understanding of how to use her website.
- Cyndi's List was one of the first sites I found upon starting to do genealogy. I've been consistently impressed with the scope, organization and accuracy of the site. Bravo Cyndi and thanks.
- Cyndislist has always been my go-to source for researching new things and it is always first or second on my list for genealogy newbies (FS wiki and Cyndislist are invaluable)
- Excellent presentation! Now I understand how best to navigate this extensive website. Cyndi is providing a wonderful, useful, and free service to millions of people worldwide and should be commended for her dedication and commitment. Thank you!
- excellent! very informative.. have looked at Cyndi's list before, but now plan to try and use it more often. the amount of information there is amazing. What a great job, she has done... cannot imagine trying to keep all of that information in any kind of order.EXCELLENT!!!
- This will definitely be very useful!!!
- Excellent. I have used Cyndi's List for years, but didn't know everything that she told us!
- Fantastic information today. Love these webinars and the way they are presented. Great job!
- Fantastic! I always thought Cyndi's List was similar to Google so never bothered to check it out. I will be recommending it to patron's at Family History Center from now on. Thanks for the Webinar.
- Good to understand how this portal is different than just random searching.
- Great information from Cindi! I have not used it before but will now!
- Great information, new ideas on how to search on Cyndi's List. Before, I had always used the Google search at the top.. Like the news feed.
- Great presentation... Learned a lot. Great after-party too! Thanks!
- Great program & great speaker -- especially enjoyed hearing about the history of the site.
- Great webinar today as always. I'm looking forward to more learning sessions/webinars delivered by the subject matter experts. Cyndi was just awesome today.
- Great webinar! Loved seeing what's new on Cyndi's List and didn't realize she does it all! I hope other donate too, she deserves it. Appreciate the after party too. :)
- Had never looked at Cyndi's list before. Fantastic!
- Had no idea that all of this is on Cyndi's List. Thanks
- I am new to Cyndi's List. What a fabulous resource. The chart session with Geoff was great too.
- I can lose myself on Cyndi's website. So many good links to use. It is nice to have some insight on how she has things arranged. Thank you so much!
- I can't believe I've never used Cyndi's List. I look forward to new discoveries.
- I first explored CyndisList when I was just getting into "electronic genealogy" - had no idea how to use her website. Now..... I have a great, new resource to use! I got so many ideas of what I want to dig into today that I'm going to probably never leave my computer. THANKS for another great webinar!
- I had been overwhelmed before this webinar, and didn't want to deal with the enormous number of links. But after this webinar, I feel better about digging into the categories. Cyndi's explanations and descriptions took away my apprehension. Thank you!
- I had my own cheat sheet of websites that I've found. it is a pain to keep up to date. I've thrown it away and added Cindi's list as my first bookmark. Wonderful research!
- I had no idea about what was available and how much it can help! Thank you for having this one!
- I have done research 35+ years and had drifted away from many tools I used back when I started. Cyndi's List was one of those tools. Now I am back! This webinar was pure gold!
- I have heard of but never used Cyndi's list. This overview was just what I needed to get started.
- I have never used Cyndi's List. I think I have gone to it a few times, but was overwhelmed by the site. Now I know how to navigate and I can see its usefulness. Thank you, Legacy Family Tree, for this webinar.
- I have not used Cyndi's list yet, but I intend to now! This is a totally amazing accomplishment on Cyndi's part and what a contribution to the rest of us! It's quite a legacy for her and I applaud her and thank her! I'm very happy to know about this wonderful tool.
- I have seen it in the past and had know idea how to use it . Thanks for explaining it Cyndi!
- I haven't used Cyndi's List in a while. This opened my eyes. I will be spending more time there. Thanks.
- I knew about this site but never utilized it. Now I have exciting hours ahead of me.
- I used Cyndi's List years ago when she first created it. I haven't visited her site in a long time. After watching today's webinar, I will definitely be using it a lot more often. Thanks for a great webinar!
- I've known about Cynthi's list for several years but have not explored it deeply. Today's webinar has encouraged me to explore it more. I am a community volunteer at the Las Vegas Search Library and work to continually improve my skills in order to help patrons. Thanks so much.
- Loved the program! I had no idea that Cyndi's List was so huge! Congrats to her on the 20 yrs of hard work to help so many people! I'm going to use it 1st from now on!
- Now I understand Cyndi's List...thanks
- On a scale of 1 to 5, this was a 10. Wanted to do Cyndi's for years, but was overwhelmed by the site. Now i feel great about it. Thank you!!
- So much to learn about what amazing things are available on Cyndi's List. I feel much more confident in searching through the different categories - didn't know some items were found for most categories (left side of page), etc. Very helpful. Kudos to Cyndi for her wonderful work (went & donated today as well).
- The most informative webinar we've attended. Had not idea about Cyndis List.
- This was my first Legacy webinar. I didn't know they existed until this morning when I received an alert about this webinar via ResearchBuzz.me -- I really enjoyed Cyndi's presentation & Geoff's moderation. I'm glad it was longer than an hour, there wouldn't have been time to do a thorough show-n-tell of the website AND answer questions if the program was only an hour. Thanks for sharing!
- This was right up there with a Macentee webinar, A wealth of information. Took the fear out of the site.
- very interesting, I've never been to Cyndi's website. I am amazed at what she has accomplished!
- Webinar went very smoothly. It helped to know Cyndi's thinking in organizing the website.
- WOW, had no idea Cyndislist was chock full of Great genealogy LINKS....She's the Best...will look forward to rewatching the video.
- You did it again! I will now go spend a day at Cyndi's! smile So much, so many ideas, like getting a ax to chop down that brick wall. I realize how much I have learned over the past year from Legacy and I am astounded at where I am fron 10 years ago when I first started. THANK YOU THANK YOU!
About the author:
Cyndi is the creator, owner and “webmaster” of the award-winning web site Cyndi’s List of Genealogy Sites on the Internet, www.CyndisList.com,
a categorized index to more than 335,000 online resources. In its first three years, Cyndi’s List was three times voted the best genealogy site on the World Wide Web. It helps millions of visitors worldwide each month and has been featured in the media and diverse publications, including ABC News, NBC News, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, Parade Magazine, Wired, Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle, and Internet Genealogy magazines. Cyndi has been interviewed for many television and radio broadcasts including ABC News, NBC News, the BBC, and National Public Radio. She has also participated in the Ancestors II television series on PBS. Cyndi, a genealogist for more than 35 years, is a past-member of the board of directors for the National Genealogical Society. Cyndi is an internationally known guest lecturer for various genealogical society meetings and seminars (http://www.CyndisList.com/speaking-calendar/). She has lectured for the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, GENTECH, Brigham Young University, the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the National Genealogical Society, the Washington Library Association, the Florida Library Association, the American Library Association and numerous local genealogical societies in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Cyndi has authored numerous articles and three books. Before her life on the Internet, Cyndi worked as an international banker specializing in foreign exchange and computer networks. Cyndi, her son, Evan, and three Boston Terriers live in Edgewood, Washington.