BillionGraves.com strives to preserve precious records found in cemeteries throughout the world. Using modern technology to capture images of headstones with their GPS locations, the site provides access to these records. This webinar will discuss how to use the site, the technology, and how you can help.
This was presented to a live webinar audience on December 21, 2016. 1 hour 46 minutes, plus 2 pages of handouts.
The recording is also included as part of the monthly or annual membership.
About the author:
- Amazing level of knowledge for a non employee!
- best of the Billion Graves presentations
- Could not figure out how to use the app till this webinar
- Didn't realize it was so easy. I now have my project(s) for 2017. Thank you! :)
- Excellent hands-on demonstration of how to use Billion Graves. Glad to know there's both a free & fee membership. thanks to Geoff for the demo on changing colors.
- Excellent introduction to Billion Graves.
- Excellent webinar due to good preparation, knowledge of subject matter, good screen shots, organization & the lists goes on..
- Excellent. I have the idea now!
- The speaker gave a straightforward and comprehensive presentation on BillionGraves.com. I enjoyed it very much and will probably watch it again in the spring before visiting cemeteries again.
- Garth did a wonderful job for his first live webinar! Information was quite useful.
- Gave me information that shows how I can benefit from this app and cleared up some misconceptions I had. Very good webinar.
- Geoff, you always bring us the best!
- Great info about a site I didn't know too much about. Makes me want to get involved.
- Great information today, Thank you, I will be downloading the app and giving it a try when our snow is gone!
- Great information. I was under the impression that access to Billion Graves was only by subscription. Now that I know better, I've downloaded the app on my phone and will be using it more. May even do some transcribing! Thanks!
- Great Webinar. Again, so much I didn't know and so easy to use. Thank you. Loved the 'After Party', too.
- Great webinar. Thanks so much for a fantastic year!! Already have next year on my calendar! Enjoy the rest of the year!!
- Greatly inspired to do some work to help others.
- I had no idea what Billion Graves was about. Thank you!
- I have been wondering how to volunteer for this project!!
- I have not used Billion Graves before, it was very enlightening. it looked friendly and I might use it now.
- I have signed up for Billion Graves and look forward to searching and transcribing. Didn't really know much about it before today. Always appreciate the Legacy hints at the after party.
- I haven't had too much experience using Billion Graves, so I appreciated the change to learn about it. As always appreciate the after party too. Thanks :)
- I think I was just introduced to what could be my new favorite pass-time!
- I thought the presentation quality was excellent. I will take advantage of the opportunity to transcribe. Garth, Thank you for inviting us to participate in the different ways according to our circumstances.
- I was very interested in this new resourse. I've downloaded the app and hope to use it soon.
- I'm not familiar (yet) with BillionGraves so I appreciated the good info provided in this webinar. The screenshots were great and the information clearly and succinctly presented. I plan on reviewing this webinar again after visiting the website and checking out the app. Thanks for a well-done presentation!
- I'm so pleased you had this webinar! I've been wanting to learn about BillionGraves. I don't have a phone but I do have a tablet and I've just downloaded the app and can't wait to get started. I already located a photo of a family gravestone in Australia! Exciting stuff. Merry Christmas to everyone in your family and at Legacy. Thanks for a wonderful year of webinars. Looking forward to the wonderful lineup planned for 2017.
- It was great to hear about BillionGraves beyond what little I already knew. Congrats to Garth! He did a great job, especially for a first-time presenter!
- I've only used Find A Grave but watching this excellent webinar convinced me to also start using Billion Graves. Thank you so much !
- Nice to see how easy this app can be to use. Fun after party.
- Not a webinar goes by that I watch where I don't learn something. This was another great one.
Garth Fitzner works as a Family History Consultant in Alberta, Canada, and has served for more than 25 years in the scouting organization. He is the head of procurement for a North American industrial construction company.