Curious about your Czech roots but donít know where to begin? This webinar will cover strategies for tracing your Czech roots over here and over there.
42 minutes, plus 5 pages of handouts.
Comments from Lisa's last webinar:
About the author:
- Absolutely excellent!
- Although I am very familiar with the writing process having been a teacher for many years, it was an excellent refresher for me. Thank you.
- An excellent presentation of putting an ancestor profile on paper.
- Any webinar presented by Lisa Alzo is excellent! Thanks so much! Now to get busy writing about my black sheep as well as my multi-colored sheep!
- As expected, Lisa is very knowledgeable about her subject matter. I especially appreciate the websites she mentions in order to proceed with what she has taught.
- Concise, interesting and inspiring -I'm ready to get going!!
- Enjoy it every much and the info gave me a list of tools. Thanks!
- Excellent overview of a way to start small with the family history writing, succinctly delivered and full of good tips. Thank you very much Lisa.
- Excellent presentation. I particularly appreciated the example and critiques you sited - both from professionals and everyday genealogist.
- Excellent! Looking forward to writing my family's history.
- Excellent, knowledgeable speaker with a fine command of her subject. Great handout.
- Excellent. Well organized. Packed with valuable information. Clear communication. She knows her subject.
- Excellent....Lisa is a fabulous speaker and I'm ready to get started on my ancestor stories.
- Extremely helpful! Great to have a webinar focused on writing.
- Great info!!! This is just what I needed to START my storytelling. Thank you, thank you.
- Great topic done in an excellent way. Lisa is always a speaker that keeps you engaged.
- Great way to track my progress. Write the story of my search for facts on an Individual. Thanks Legacy for these webinars!!!
- I started "mind mapping" for the profile of my grandmother. Now I have the starting point to start writing.
- I'm inspired, still nervous, but inspired.
- I've written seven, 100 page booklets for family reunions, birthdays, etc. I always do one or two profiles of the ancestor and his parents. I feel good that I have following many of your suggestions and learned a few new ones to include that I hadn't thought of. Thank you for making the webinars available to Legacy users.
- Lisa tells of many interesting ways to get started on writing and then gives examples of methods she uses. Her final examples of some family stories of other writers, was an excelent way to end her talk. Really enjoyed this hour plus.
- Structured, organized, detailed. Useful information presented so I can start applying it right away.
- This sure encouraged me to write about some of my favorite ancestors. They meant so much to me, I would like to share.
- Very interesting presentation, held my interest all the way through. Will definitely be putting to use some of Lisa's points.
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A. is a freelance writer, instructor, and internationally recognized lecturer, specializing in Slovak/Eastern European genealogical research, writing your family history, and using the Internet to trace female and immigrant ancestors. She is the author of nine books, including the award-winning Three Slovak Women, and hundreds of magazine articles, and writes the blog "The Accidental Genealogist" http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com.