You've gone to all the trouble to record your family's oral history in audio. Don't banish those files to the dark corners of your computer or external hard drive. Bring them back to life by sharing them with your family, community or on your blog. Turn those audio files into sound bytes or fun multi-media projects. Marian Pierre-Louis will guide you through free and easy ways to edit and share your files.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on September 18, 2013. 1 hour 27 minutes, plus 9 ages of handouts.
About the author:
- Doing the "hands on" live helped so much. I never dreamed how easy it could be to make a movie. Will definitely try it -- have so many ideas, not just for genealogy, but my 97 yr old dad on piano, 5 yr old grandson 1st day at school, etc!! Thanks, Geoff! Y'all are wonderful!!!
- Excellent demonstration with Windows Movie Maker.
- Fabulous! Was ready to take this next leap but not sure how - thanks Marian and Geoff.
- Fantastic and very useful information. And I fully agree that the Q&A portion of each webinar is often as useful as the main presentation. Thank you.
- Good presentation from a great presenter. Loved the split webcams - mkes it a lot more personal and adds the face to the voice, much as photos add to genealogy data.
- Great Information and explanation of a complex subject.
- Great information! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks!!!!!!
- Great job providing a lot of information in a short amount of time. Got my desire to include these in my genealogy. thanks.
- I am beginning to like the Legacy Family Tree software more and more. Thank you for such great webinars.
- I especially liked seeing the both of you. It was great! Always do this.
- I love all of Marian's webinars. I've always wanted to learn how to do audio and video - no I have no excuse not to. Lots of good ideas from the audience as well. Thanks Legacy.
- It was so neat being able to see Marion and that beautiful smile. It was a very interesting Webinar I enjoy learning what my teenage grandchildren already know. Thank you.
- Lots of fun, lots of new ideas. Thank you both.
- Marian has presented me with yet another way to share genealogy with other family members...
- She is the best! Marian makes all projects fun. What great ideas to help engage family members. Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful cruise.
- Started watching thinking I was not as interested - I was proven wrong! Super presentation!
- The web cam are great for the Q & A. Brings u right into the home.
- Unbelievably awesome!
- Very helpful stuff AND the addition of the video is a really nice feature!
- Wonderful motivation to work on old and new audio clips! Video, too! Thank you!
- Wow! Super great info .... I've seen others put together their slide shows but never knew how it was done --- and SOOOOO easy. Thanks Marion!
- WOW! Very good! Even my cat sat still and listened to what Marian was saying! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!
Marian Pierre-Louis is a genealogical writer and speaker who specializes
in southern New England research (Connecticut, Rhode Island, and
Massachusetts). Born and raised in Connecticut, she has lived in
Massachusetts for almost 20 years. Marian has three generations of
recent family ties to Rhode Island and also links to some very old Rhode
Island lines. As a result, these three states have become the focus of
her research activity. Unlike most genealogists, Marian is spoiled to
spend most of her time working with original records. You will most
often find her researching at a town hall, registry of deeds, probate
court or the local cemetery. Itís a rare day that Marian has to sit in
front of a microfilm reader.
Marian is actively engaged in social
media. You can find her starting conversations on Facebook, Twitter
and Google+. She frequently speaks on New England topics including house
history research, social media, African American research and a broad
range of genealogical topics. She is the author of several blogs
Her website is www.FieldstoneHistoricResearch.com.