Earlier this year Marian Pierre-Louis gave us Ten Brick Wall Tips for Beginners
. Now she's back with Ten Intermediate Brick Wall Tips. This next set of tips will stretch your research even further. Marian will demonstrate ways to analyze your research, tweak your methodology and encourage you to look for records off the beaten path. Also available in a bundle
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on October 17, 2012. 1 hour 30 minutes, plus 5 pages of handouts.
About the author:
- A super Webinar with a lot of fresh ideas regarding brick walls. Thanks again for research help!
- Absolutely Fantastic. Marian knows what she is talking about. Her presentation is excellent. What a delight to be able to hear her.
- Thank you so much.
- Attending Marian's Webinar "Ten Brick Wall Tips..." has given me the confidence that I WILL be able to solve my brick walls.
- Excellent information in a crisp & clear approach - easy to follow & great examples. Learned some new tips & techniques! Thank you!
- Great info, very organized, definitely provided lots of new avenues of thought and research--Thank you!
- Great tips!! I've got several leads to follow for my brick walls. Thanks!!
- I can't believe how many great new tips I got today. Also, how many old ones I was reminded of that I haven't used for awhile.
- I'm energized again!!!
- Lots of wonderful resources & new strategies encouraging me to not give up hope. Before Marian's lesson today I had thought there were no other ways to find out some iinformation behind a couple of my brick walls. I was trying to climb over them but maybe I can find a way to just walk around them!
- Outstanding organization and presentation of valuable tips! I always learn something useful from Marian's webinars, and this was no exception.
- There's always a new idea out there; this speaker was great at overviewing so many, and that in turn generated more creativity in the few instances she didn't specifically help. In other words, her words "oiled" my creaky brain cells. She gave me several ideas, and she also helped me come up with several ideas of my own for my specific issues. Thanks so much!!! Simply the best.
Marian Pierre-Louis is a genealogical writer and speaker who specializes
in southern New England research (Connecticut, Rhode Island, and
Massachusetts). Born and raised in Connecticut, she has lived in
Massachusetts for almost 20 years. Marian has three generations of
recent family ties to Rhode Island and also links to some very old Rhode
Island lines. As a result, these three states have become the focus of
her research activity. Unlike most genealogists, Marian is spoiled to
spend most of her time working with original records. You will most
often find her researching at a town hall, registry of deeds, probate
court or the local cemetery. Itís a rare day that Marian has to sit in
front of a microfilm reader.
Marian is actively engaged in social
media. You can find her starting conversations on Facebook, Twitter
and Google+. She frequently speaks on New England topics including house
history research, social media, African American research and a broad
range of genealogical topics. She is the author of several blogs
Marian's Roots & Rambles
The New England House Historian
Her website is www.FieldstoneHistoricResearch.com. She is the author of Researching Your Connecticut Ancestors, Discovering Your Massachusetts Ancestors, Brick Walls: Cracking the Case of Nathan Brown's Parents, Ten Brick Wall Tips for Beginners, and Plan Your Way to Research Success.