In this webinar Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen will demonstrate what to do with an obituary as he adds the information to his real, personal Legacy family file.
This class was presented live and unscripted, giving attendees a first-hand look at how a professional genealogist analyzes and records information from both a printed obituary and one found on the Internet. You will get the insider's perspective of using the Source Clipboard, custom events, AKAs, relationships, adding unknown spouses, Research Notes, GenealogyBank.com, the Geo Location database, date calculator, timelines, and much more. The complete Question and Answer session is also included.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on July 1, 2011. 1 hour 51 minutes.
Also sold in a bundle.
About the author:
- These webinars are excellent. You learn so much more than just how to enter an obituary.
- This was awesome -- the live entries make a tremendous difference, and to have Geoff including questions and comments from participants as he goes along is a real bonus. They are often questions that have been going through my mind, and if they haven't, then they are "oh, right, why didn't I think of that", as the would have occurred to me later when the chance was gone. Keep up the great work!
- I have learned more from these webinars than I could learn from books in a year.
- Please keep these "Geoff Live Webinars" coming. Geoff is great and learning how someone else uses Legacy has been very helpful for me. I have gotten some great ideas and some I am implementing!
- Loved hearing about the different short cuts on the data page.
- It is so informative-the way Geoff shares his entries. Each move gives me confidence to work on my genealogy. He takes away the fear of doing something wrong. I can relax a bit-I won't wreck everything with the touch of a key.
- I loved today's webinar! I'm a visual learner and need to see it being done to understand how to use all the wonderful feature's of Legacy. Please have more of these impromptu sessions and I'll be there!
- Geoff covered so many tips and tricks about Legacy that I did not know.
- While manuals can provide information on how to use the software, it is always better to see it used in the real world.
Geoff Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated
from Brigham Young University with a degree in Family History and
Genealogy. He served as director and vice-president of the Utah
Genealogical Association and has taught hundreds (maybe thousands?) of
classes around the world. He is the host of the Legacy Family Tree
webinars, author of the Legacy training CDs, and helps develop the
Legacy Family Tree software. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family