In this webinar Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen will demonstrate what to do with a death certificate as he adds the information to his real, personal Legacy family file.
This class was presented live and unscripted, giving attendees a first-hand look at how a professional genealogist analyzes and records information from a death certificate. You will get the insider's perspective of using the Source Clipboard, custom events, what to do with conflicting information, the To Do List, and much more. The complete Question and Answer session is also included.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on May 6, 2011. 1 hour 23 minutes.
Also sold in a bundle.
About the author:
- Enjoyed watching you work. It helped build my confidence in how I'm using Legacy, and I learned a few new tricks.
- Watching you go through the steps you use and commenting as you do
each one showed me so much more than just how to add a death
- Very helpful to use real source (death certificate) and real family -
and address all the problems that arise and watch the way you use
Legacy and set up your files.
- Excellent-citing the sources properly is one area where I am always
questioning whether I am doing it properly. There were lots of tips
today that I didn't know previously, so I am excited about trying some
new things.Thank you!!!
- I REALLY enjoyed this one more than almost all of the other ones. I
learned more about how to input information (and what all information I
have not been inputting that I should have) today than I have from any
other source - videos, webinars, books, etc.
- It was very good. I think the things that didn't go so smoothly made it seem a lot more realistic than if it had been canned.
- THANK YOU, I have been hesitant to use the source writer. You
explained it beautifully. I will be able to add sources now. This was a
very informative webinar. I hope you will do more like this!
- This was a GREAT Webinar. I have the training CD's and watch them
often. However, this live presentation is the most powerful learning
tool you have provided.
- This was a great webinar. I picked up a couple of tips that I didn't
know. I will certainly forward the link to the recording to our local
Legacy User Group as I am sure they would surely benefit for the
Geoff Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated
from Brigham Young University with a degree in Family History and
Genealogy. He served as director and vice-president of the Utah
Genealogical Association and has taught hundreds (maybe thousands?) of
classes around the world. He is the host of the Legacy Family Tree
webinars, author of the Legacy training CDs, and helps develop the
Legacy Family Tree software. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family