Legacy Family Tree recently released three major census tools to assist genealogists in their census research. While the first two tools relate specifically to the upcoming release of the 1940 U.S. census (new 1940 U.S. census transcription form and 1940 U.S. census SourceWriter template), the third will help with census research around the globe (the new Census List tool). Join Legacy's Geoff Rasmussen, the brains behind the new Census List tool, as he explores these new features and demonstrates their use. You will also enjoy the additional tips and tricks along the way.
This class was presented to a live webinar (online seminar) audience on March 9, 2012. 1 hour 27 minutes.
Also available in the Census Bundle
About the author:
- BEST LIVE with Geoff webinar I have attended yet!
- Excellent! The new tools will make searching much easier. Geoff is soooo good delivering these webinars live.
- Full of great searching tips. I also loved the explaination of "tagging". I'm looking forward to getting together a customized to-do list for the 1940 census.
- I continue to be amazed by the power of Legacy Family Tree.
- I loved both the explanation on the census tool and examples, both by yourself and some of the audience, of different ways that it may be utilized.
- I was excited to get my hands on the 1940 census to begin with, but now ... WOW!!
- I'm so happy I switched to Legacy as my family tree software. You guys rock! Thanks for the new Census tool and for the 1940 census updates. Thanks also for presenting such informative webinars. I learn something new everytime I attend, including new ways to use the Legacy Family Tree program. Many, many thanks!
- Many super tips for the 1940 census & even more tips for Legacy Family Tree in general. Has helped me a lot.
- O M G! I think this might be the best tool since source templates!!!! Thank you, thank you.
- Search has always been one of my favorite Legacy features and now it's even better.
- This is toooooo awesome! It is almost inconceiveable that all these possibilities are in this program. All of you are commended!!!
- What a great tool the cenus tool will be. Your webinar, today, along with McEntee's and your Geoff Live entering a census will be a great threesome. Also, I think that your use of tagging today within this webinar is the best use of that tool I have seen and maybe a more advanced version of tagging. And a very practical use. I've never quite understood where I might want to use it until today's webinar.
- Wonderful, and it is great how Legacy keeps developing. The new census tools are terrific!!!
- Wow! That was a lot of work getting these great tools ready to help us with not only the 1940 Census but much, much more.
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He recently received the Distinguished Presenter Award at the prestigious RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City (2011). He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello and basketball. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.
Geoff is the author of: