Supported data types include events, facts, pictures, notes, sources, repositories, addresses, to-do lists, alternate names, and LDS Ordinances. Now you can take your genealogy data with you in your pocket! No more laptops or bulky notebooks! Pocket Genealogist also supports a number of Languages including Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
Genealogy software for the PocketPC 2003, Windows Mobile 5 or 6 including Smartphones (does not currently support Windows Phone 7). Pocket Genealogist Version 4.0 imports data directly from Legacy Family Tree -- no GEDCOM file necessary. Also includes complete 2-way synchronization between Legacy Family Tree and Pocket Genealogist!
Fully compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit).
Winner: Pocket PC Magazine Genealogy category for 5 straight years!
Pocket Genealogist features include:
- Add, edit or delete Individuals, Events. Notes, Facts, Sources, Repositories, Addresses, Alternate Names, To Do lists and other data. Pocket Genealogist has the MOST comprehensive data support of any handheld genealogy program.
- Multiple "Views" available to navigate your data: 3-Generation, 3-Generation with Images, Ancestor Tree, Descendant Tree, and Individual list.
- Supports multiple databases on the device, as space permits.
- Program and/or databases can be stored in memory or on storage card.
- Up to 250,000 individuals per database. (393,216 for Windows Mobile 5.) However, the user may find that databases of that size are not practical because of space and time constraints.
- Extensively tested for compatibility with Legacy Family Tree and others. Pocket Genealogist uses GEDCOM "profiles" which provides a far superior import of your GEDCOM data.
- Supports GEDCOM files, available with all desktop genealogy programs, for data transfers.
- Full direct 2-way synchronization of data with Legacy Family Tree databases (including editing). No GEDCOM necessary.
- Includes a relationship calculator which can determine the relationship between two individuals.
- Adds GPS support for all Windows mobile versions.
- Includes a Backup utility for your Pocket Genealogist databases.
- Ability to change the font size for the 3-gen display, the Tree Views, Lists and edit fields.
- Add "Field Notes" on the device with view and print feature on the desktop.
- New "Research Lists" feature allows Individuals, Families, Sources or Repositories to be added to lists of your choice. (For example you can create a "Further Research" or "Bookmark" lists.) View the lists on the device or on the desktop.
- Find Individuals by Given name, Surname, or Location.
- Find To Do tasks by Task name or Repository.
- "Go To" individuals or families by ID.
- "History" list shows individuals viewed during a Pocket Genealogist session.
- "Add Person" feature on the device makes it easy to add spouses, parents, siblings or children.
- Includes a Date and Soundex Calculator.
- Coordinates (latitude/longitude) convertor.
- View/Edit Master lists of sources, locations, surnames, etc.
- Perform a soft or hard reset from within Pocket Genealogist. (Not available on all devices, depends on manufacturer's implementation of Windows Mobile.)
- Format storage cards from within Pocket Genealogist. (Not available on all devices, depends on manufacturer's implementation of Windows Mobile.)
- Extensive set of configuration options including setting the colors used on the 3-gen screen.
- Most comprehensive device support of any Windows Mobile genealogy program. Supports PocketPC 2003, Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition, and Windows Mobile 5 or 6 (including "Phone Edition Devices" and Smartphones.)
- Supports VGA screen resolution and Portrait/Landscape switching on devices supporting that feature.
- Supports 240 x 240 screen devices such as the PalmOne Treo 700W and iPaq hw6900.
- Supported date types: About, Circa, Before, After, Between, Say, Or, From/To, Estimated, Calculated, WFT EST, Approximated, Either, To and LDS values such as BIC, Pre-1970, DNS, etc. (Availability of a particular type depends if the originating program supports that date type.)
- Column widths and column positions for all lists can be changed and saved.
- Easy-to-use display.
- Easy Installation.
- Detailed downloadable User Guide in Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word format.
Professional-grade support: unlimited and free support via email.
View your multimedia images on the device. Supports JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG and GIF formats.
Changes Report displays what has changed on the device if 2-way synchronization is not elected.
“Check for Update” feature allows download and installation of new updates.
Support for “capacitive” touch screens (finger instead of stylus)
Your research trip routines are about to change. No more lugging your laptop around, chaining it to table legs and hoping it (and the table) will be there when you return from getting a book or searching through a roll of microfilm. Your data is in your pocket and ready for viewing, editing, and additions at any time. When you get back home, just load the changes back into your Legacy family file on your desktop computer, and smile....