Clooz is a companion software program that helps to:
- Organize and analyze your documents
- Supplement Legacy Family Tree software with a true document-based research approach
- See how documents combine to reveal connections between people in the "Composite View"
- Document templates provide structure for extracted data.
- Link people or businesses to documents.
- Merge people records when they are determined to represent the same person (method to separate as well).
- Quick capture of source information and document text using drag/drop and copy/paste operations.
- Variations in surnames are listed on the main display for easy identification.
- Research log for planning and tracking work. Results can be instantly transformed into a document record.
- Import people and sources from Legacy. Export to Legacy. Record ID numbers are maintained for cross-referencing.
- Over 200 different report formats, which can be printed or exported as Adobe PDF, MS Excel, MS Word, rich text (rtf) or XML files.
- Detailed user's manual (PDF), which also serves as the help file within the program. Free video training series.
- Program software is updated automatically with fixes and enhancements.
- Excellent support by email, response usually provided the same day.
Includes free updates / new versions for one year.
- Generic Censuses: head of household, every member
- Canadian Censuses: 1851-1945, Agricultural 1861, 1871, + others
- French Censuses: 1831-1901
- German Census: 1819 Mecklenburg Schwerin
- Irish Censuses: 1901-1911
- Norwegian Censuses: 1801, 1865, 1875, 1900
- UK Censuses: 1841-1911
- US Censuses: 1790-1940, Mortality, Agricultural & Manufacture 1850-1885
- Census Substitutes: Directories, Tax Record, Voter's List, Irish Valuation
- Documents: Generic Document, Birth Record, Correspondence, Death Record, Deed, Funeral/Burial Record, Marriage Record, Naturalization, Passenger Lists, SSDI